American Royal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cant comment on the outdoor boiler, but I have a royall with 2 LL dont know if same company. It is an indoor wood furnace. It has to be 25 years old or more, still in great condition. Made very well and very simple.

I have a Royal wood furnace in the basement as well. I too have no idea if it is the same company but I have had it for years, and I bought it used. Three years ago I had to cut the front off of it and rebuild it due to cracks around the door but all is well now and will be forever as it is now three time thicker than it was.

My next door neighbor (1/2 mile down the road) has a Royal boiler but he is a:crazy1: psycho pediphile so I have no idea how good it is. It must be a wood hog though cause ever since he put it in he has been accusing all of the neighbors (myself included) of stealing is firewood because he knows that he never had to cut that much before.:dunno: I'd like to just:check:

Not to hijack, but photog does your blower on the front of the furnace run all the time. Mine shuts off ocasionally when burning it but I use it in a detached garage and when I let the fire go out the draft blower never shuts off.

Not to hijack, but photog does your blower on the front of the furnace run all the time. Mine shuts off ocasionally when burning it but I use it in a detached garage and when I let the fire go out the draft blower never shuts off.

That stupid fan. I never could get it to work the way I thought it should. If memory serves me correctly that is just what it did. When I rebuilt the front of it I actually took it off and built in a 90 degree elbow and a length of pipe to mount it iff to the side. I kept dropping wood on it when it was under the door. I never did put the blower back on. I think it is sitting under my workbench in the basement. I just use the ash door for a draft. Save electricity that way.:arg:

Back