American Stove Broken Shaker Grate

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JLROOT

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Broken already! This is the first year with this Furnace. Oh yea, it was new by the way. I already replaced the junk fans with a real blower. One lasted a month, the other lasted two. Next time I will buy a Brunco or any other brand that isn't crap.

Broken already! This is the first year with this Furnace. Oh yea, it was new by the way. I already replaced the junk fans with a real blower. One lasted a month, the other lasted two. Next time I will buy a Brunco or any other brand that isn't crap.

I have a US Stove 1537 and I have broken 3 shaker grates in 3 years. They always break at the worst time also. lol

Are you guys burning coal? If so I understand, but if you're burning wood, don't bother with the shaker grates (shaking down) and just take a poker or some such and stir the coal bed at loadings. You might need too open the shaker grates slightly but that's all.

No coal. Just hardwoods. I welded mine back together. Thanks for the tip. I may just start stiring instead of shaking.

Back