Amsoil interceptor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitmore

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I didn't want to hijack ron660 thread on this so thought I would start my own. I know this is a heated subject on here but my question is that I started using amsoil interceptor a few months ago after using the xp stuff for so long. Its a synthetic and says that it won't carbon up at all. Has anybody used this stuff? If so do you like it. I know everybody has there own opinion on oil just wondering about this certain oil.

Merry Christmas!

sent from my STIHL 660 using Tapatalk

I use the saber pro as does several people on AS. I use it at 40:1 NOT the 100:1. I also have dominator too. It works good too. Oil is oil. As long as it is synthetic and is used at 32:1 to 50:1 you will be fine.

Dominator and Interceptor are not meant for prolonged use in small aircooled engines. Read the label.
But I do know of at least one member who uses it in some of his big cube vintage saws mixed with 100LL from time to time. These saws only run 2-3 times a year.

Dominator and Interceptor are not meant for prolonged use in small aircooled engines. Read the label.
But I do know of at least one member who uses it in some of his big cube vintage saws mixed with 100LL from time to time. These saws only run 2-3 times a year.
I dont know what the differences are I been running it since last October!

A
PPLICATIONS
DOMINATOR
®
is recommended for use in high-performance
stock or modified two-cycle engines, including air- or liquid-
cooled snowmobiles, personal watercraft, motorcycles (moto X),
ATVs, go-carts and outboard motors*. Good for use with coated
or non-coated pistons, high-octane racing fuels and exhaust
power valves. Compatible with most other two-stroke oils;
however, mixing oils should be minimized.
Use in oil-injected and pre-mix applications where API TC oils
are specified. In pre-mix applications, DOMINATOR delivers
outstanding protection at 50:1 (2.6 oz. oil per U.S. gallon of gas),
although many racers modify the mix ratio to suit their setup.
Not suitable for use with alcohol or nitro-methane fuels.
AMSOIL PRODUCT WARRANTY
AMSOIL products are backed by a Limited Liability Warranty.
For complete information visit www.amsoil.com/warranty.aspx.
T
YPICAL
T
EC
h
NICAL
P
ROPERTIES
DOMINATOR
®
Synthetic 2-Stroke Racing Oil (TDR)
AMSOIL INC., 925 Tower Ave., Superior, WI 54880

715-392-7101

Printed in U.S.A.
© 2013, AMSOIL INC. All rights reserved. The AMSOIL logo is a registered trademark of AMSOIL INC.
AMSOIL products and Dealership information are
available from your local full-service AMSOIL Dealer.
G1985 8/13
Kinematic Viscosity @ 100ºC, cSt (ASTM D445)
Kinematic Viscosity @ 40ºC, cSt (ASTM D445)
Viscosity Index (ASTM D2270)
Pour Point ºC (ºF) (ASTM D97)
-51 (-60)
Flash Point ºC (ºF) (ASTM D92)
102 (215.6)
Fire Point ºC (ºF) (ASTM D92)
102 (215.6)

TYPICAL TECHNICAL PROPERTIES
Saber
®
100:1 Pre-Mix Synthetic 2-Cycle Oils (ATP & ATO)
ATP ATO
Kinematic Viscosity @ 100°C, cSt (ASTM D-445)
13.5 17.9
Kinematic Viscosity @ 40°C, cSt (ASTM D-445)
..................................................... 99
Viscosity Index (ASTM D-2270)
136 141
Pour Point, °C (°F) (ASTM D-97)
-36 (-33) -33 (-27)
Flash Point, °C (°F) (ASTM D-92)
114 (237) 120 (248)
Fire Point, °C (°F) (ASTM D-92)
114 (237) 138 (280)
s
715-392-7101
s
Printed in U.S.A.
© 2012, AMSOIL INC. All rights reserved. The AMSOIL logo is a registered trademark of AMSOIL INC.
AMSOIL products and Dealership information
are available from your local AMSOIL Dealer.
G1987 2/12
APPLICATIONS
AMSOIL Saber 100:1 2-Cycle Oils are recommended for 100:1 mix
ratios in norm

A
PPLICATIONS
DOMINATOR
®
is recommended for use in high-performance
stock or modified two-cycle engines, including air- or liquid-
cooled snowmobiles, personal watercraft, motorcycles (moto X),
ATVs, go-carts and outboard motors*. Good for use with coated
or non-coated pistons, high-octane racing fuels and exhaust
power valves. Compatible with most other two-stroke oils;
however, mixing oils should be minimized.
Use in oil-injected and pre-mix applications where API TC oils
are specified. In pre-mix applications, DOMINATOR delivers
outstanding protection at 50:1 (2.6 oz. oil per U.S. gallon of gas),
although many racers modify the mix ratio to suit their setup.
Not suitable for use with alcohol or nitro-methane fuels.
AMSOIL PRODUCT WARRANTY
AMSOIL products are backed by a Limited Liability Warranty.
For complete information visit www.amsoil.com/warranty.aspx.
T
YPICAL
T
EC
h
NICAL
P
ROPERTIES
DOMINATOR
®
Synthetic 2-Stroke Racing Oil (TDR)

715-392-7101

Printed in U.S.A.
© 2013, AMSOIL INC. All rights reserved. The AMSOIL logo is a registered trademark of AMSOIL INC.
AMSOIL products and Dealership information are
available from your local full-service AMSOIL Dealer.
G1985 8/13
Kinematic Viscosity @ 100ºC, cSt (ASTM D445)
Kinematic Viscosity @ 40ºC, cSt (ASTM D445)
Viscosity Index (ASTM D2270)
Pour Point ºC (ºF) (ASTM D97)
-51 (-60)
Flash Point ºC (ºF) (ASTM D92)
102 (215.6)
Fire Point ºC (ºF) (ASTM D92)
102 (215.6)
None of that says "saws" but it does say air-cooled engines. So I think its safe to say its fine for a powerful saw.

Stihl Hp Ultra is Jaso FB and ApI TC
Dominator Jaso FC and Api TC

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Jaso-fc)
Jump to: navigation, search
JASO FC is a performance quality classification for two stroke engine oil, for engines of Japanese origin.

Oils are granted the JASO FC certification by the Japanese Automotive Standards Organization, under the test sequence M345. JASO FC is the highest rating for 2-stroke oils. JASO FC oils leave little deposits and create very little smoke. They also pass lubricant and detergent tests. A JASO FC oil will have a rectangular seal. In the upper quarter of the rectangle will be a serial number and the lower three quarters will just have the letters M.

Again, there is an official JASO seal if the oil has been independently tested. The seal is a rectangle; in the upper quarter of the rectangle will be a serial number, and the lower three quarters will just have the letters MA. In 2004, Jaso introduced a new quality level, JASO FD, which supersedes JASO FC as the highest rating. [1]

JASO FA – original spec established regulating lubricity, detergency, initial torque, exhaust smoke and exhaust system blocking.

JASO FB – increased lubricity, detergency, exhaust smoke and exhaust system blocking requirements over FA.

JASO FC – lubricity and initial torque requirements same as FB, however far higher detergency, exhaust smoke and exhaust system blocking requirements over FB.

JASO FD - same as FC with far higher detergency requirement.

I have been running various Amsoil products in all my 2 strokes for almost 20 years with 0 failures. Never at any mix ratios greater than 50-1 though. I like it and it is easier to get in my area vs most other high end oils. Cost wise at my price it is cheaper than factory synthetic. Not saying it is better than any other high end synthetics but it has been fine for everything I use it for.

Stihl Hp Ultra is Jaso FB and ApI TC
Dominator Jaso FC and Api TC

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Jaso-fc)
Jump to: navigation, search
JASO FC is a performance quality classification for two stroke engine oil, for engines of Japanese origin.

Oils are granted the JASO FC certification by the Japanese Automotive Standards Organization, under the test sequence M345. JASO FC is the highest rating for 2-stroke oils. JASO FC oils leave little deposits and create very little smoke. They also pass lubricant and detergent tests. A JASO FC oil will have a rectangular seal. In the upper quarter of the rectangle will be a serial number and the lower three quarters will just have the letters M.

Again, there is an official JASO seal if the oil has been independently tested. The seal is a rectangle; in the upper quarter of the rectangle will be a serial number, and the lower three quarters will just have the letters MA. In 2004, Jaso introduced a new quality level, JASO FD, which supersedes JASO FC as the highest rating. [1]

JASO FA – original spec established regulating lubricity, detergency, initial torque, exhaust smoke and exhaust system blocking.

JASO FB – increased lubricity, detergency, exhaust smoke and exhaust system blocking requirements over FA.

JASO FC – lubricity and initial torque requirements same as FB, however far higher detergency, exhaust smoke and exhaust system blocking requirements over FB.

JASO FD - same as FC with far higher detergency requirement.
Wow, I had no idea of these classifications. Great info!

Looks like the stihl hp ultra, FB certification, has the same lubricity & torque requirements as the more stringent FC and FD certifications. Only difference is the detergent requirements. Thanks for the additional post whitmore. This is the data I'm looking for. Scientific facts. I don't mind paying extra if the quality is there.

I would to see any data, or certification, with improved lubricity & torque requirements than the stihl ultra hp I'm using. Not just improved detergent properties. Does anyone know of another certification or QA/QC requirements for two-cycle oils other than JASO?

It may have been said already but interceptor isn't recommended for premixing. It was designed for exhaust valve equipped oil injected 2 strokes, mainly snowmobiles. It has no dye in it either which wouldn't be convenient as a mix gas indicator. It's a great oil to run in a sled with power valves but not really for saws.

It may have been said already but interceptor isn't recommended for premixing. It was designed for exhaust valve equipped oil injected 2 strokes, mainly snowmobiles. It has no dye in it either which wouldn't be convenient as a mix gas indicator. It's a great oil to run in a sled with power valves but not really for saws.
Really besides the dye there is no problem with running it in a powerful saw is there? Mix gas is the only gas I keep as I go threw it so much.

The original amsoil 2 stroke synthetic back in 2002 designed for snowmobiles damaged more exhaust valves in Polaris 700 & 800 cc engines. Had to go back to using Pure-Polaris-VES-Gold-Plus-Synthetic-2-Cycle-Oil. Today the oils have changed so much due to research that many manufactures are designing a purpose built oil.
Be very cautious when using this type of product.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 31
Back