Amsoil interceptor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like it's pretty simple. Highest rated oils are JASO-FD or ISO-L-EGD certified. A few oils that meet those stringent requirements are Belray H1R and Amsoil Sabre. Stihl hp ultra is JASO-FB according to my bottle. I'm switching to Belray.

Last edited:
Really besides the dye there is no problem with running it in a powerful saw is there? Mix gas is the only gas I keep as I go threw it so much.

sent from my STIHL 660 using Tapatalk
I retract my previous statement, I just checked their website. Originally It use to say on the bottle it wasnt recommended for premix, Now it says for 50:1 mixes. I still say its overkill for a saw, and more expensive compared to other options.

The original amsoil 2 stroke synthetic back in 2002 designed for snowmobiles damaged more exhaust valves in Polaris 700 & 800 cc engines. Had to go back to using Pure-Polaris-VES-Gold-Plus-Synthetic-2-Cycle-Oil. Today the oils have changed so much due to research that many manufactures are designing a purpose built oil.
Be very cautious when using this type of product.
You must have had an isolated incident, Ive never heard of one issue from the oil ever. A few of my old riding buddies are certified Polaris techs and have seen pretty much everything when it comes to stock and mod sleds.

Last edited:
I have 3 1983 Honda Aero 2 cycle injected scooters and put about 1000 miles a year on. All use Amsoil Interceptor with minimal smoke and very clean spark plugs, zero issues at all. Wide open at 40 MPH hauling my butt up hills, they see quite a workout. I'll stick with the oil. Price doesn't scare me as I only require a quart per year. Excellent stuff in my opinion.

Amsoil Dominator was found to be the oil with which I could jet the moto-bikes fat (down to 30:1) and not have any spooge. Interceptor is similar, but not quite so. I hate not having color in the oil..

Back