An accesory for the chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's for cutting small pieces of wood. You turn on the chainsaw and put the wood on the saw.
Another photo: http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/8089/p1010021j.jpg

hhhhhhmmmmmmm think that invention has already been invented, you call it a circular saw or bench saw.

and wouldnt it be a bit of a strain on the saw just sitting full throtle all the time while you lift your other pieces of firewood to be cut,

oh and whatever you do remember not to bend down and lift the wood you just cut or you could lose the top 4 inches off your head, more if you,ve got a big head lol :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::arg:

hhhhhhmmmmmmm think that invention has already been invented, you call it a circular saw or bench saw.

and wouldnt it be a bit of a strain on the saw just sitting full throtle all the time while you lift your other pieces of firewood to be cut,

oh and whatever you do remember not to bend down and lift the wood you just cut or you could lose the top 4 inches off your head, more if you,ve got a big head lol :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::arg:

With this accesory, you don't need a circular saw.
Every circular saws are dangerous, and you must work carefully.

With this accessory, you don't need a circular saw.
Every circular saws are dangerous, and you must work carefully.

and with a circular saw you don't need your accessory either.
a circular saw may also be dangerous, but i don't think it would be half as dangerous as your accessory as you call it.

a chain saw was intended for one purpose and as a hand tool,
same as a circular saw,
there are very good reasons for that.
every tool is designed for a specific type job,
like they say always use the right tool for the job,
if it aint broke dont fix it:chainsawguy:

Last edited:
and with a circular saw you don't need your accessory either.
a circular saw may also be dangerous, but i don't think it would be half as dangerous as your accessory as you call it.

a chain saw was intended for one purpose and as a hand tool,
same as a circular saw,
there are very good reasons for that.
every tool is deigned for a specific type job,
like they say always use the right tool for the job,
if it aint broke dont fix it:chainsawguy:

I'm not making anyone to use it, It's working fine and anyone can do what he wants.
Regards.

I have to give you an A+ for effort. You clearly spent a great deal of time designing and building it and it looks well done. As far as the concept goes I have a couple of suggestions which would make it safer. The problem I see is that you have to hold the wood and push it down onto the saw while holding the throttle lever with one hand. That seems dangerous to me. If I was doing it I would have had the saw pivot like the cutter on a wood processor and attached a handle to the bar so you can just pull the bar down through the wood to cut. The wood would sit in a trough so you don't have to hold it while cutting. I would also rig the throttle on a foot pedal so both hands are free to operate the saw lever. You could also rig an adjustable stop to slide the log up to for a prefect length cut every time. I'm not saying you built it wrong, I'm just saying how I as a fabricator would have done it differently.

Do you happen to have a video of this accessory in action?

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
:agree2: I'm still confused, But that don't take much. i don't understand how it holds the wood. I'm not gonna knock it just want to see how it works. Put a piece of wood in it and take a pic, that would help to see where it goes.

circular saws

In Europe there are already alot of firewood cutters with large, (I'm guessing 18-24"), circular saw blades that are mounted on a stationary motor, and there is a pivoting platform at waist height that the log cradles into, and you pivot that toward the blade. They are all encased in plate steel, and quite safe. I don't own one, but they are very popular, especially with homeowners in the country who don't fell their own trees, but know someone who brings them smaller logs. They are not too expensive either.

Here is a link to a photo of one.

www.ilya2too.com/scie-buches-2200w-ls450-fart...

Pete

:agree2: I'm still confused, But that don't take much. i don't understand how it holds the wood. I'm not gonna knock it just want to see how it works. Put a piece of wood in it and take a pic, that would help to see where it goes.

From the looks of it.

you hold the branch over the top of the bar, move it towards the bar tip engaging the throttle lever, when the twig is cut the throttle returns to idle, repeat.

No more dangerous than a buzz saw IMO.

Latest posts

Back