An Important Time Sensitive message for Doug

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If wishes were horses beggars would ride ...

I already have a site. But I must say I am curious as to what u would say?

I'd tell you the difference between a good website and a good commercial web site. My first site was a good site (at least I thought so). My second site is is a great commercial site. I could have insisted on it being exactly the same visually as my first site (and almost did).

Hint: It has nothing to do with the way they look.

Last edited:
100% guaranteed satisfaction ...

Yea.. me too! If I don't like what you have to say can I get my 20 bucks back or do I gots to give you a cyber punch in the nose? :blob5:

Sure I'll send you your $20 back if you are not satisfied with the answer. But understand this, I don't think it's anything you can do, and it's not a step by step guide. It's insider information that you will need some skill to implement.

I can, however, be applied to any web site.

Another Hint: The videos aren't it (that was my idea).

Last edited:
Sure I'll send you your $20 back if you are not satisfied with the answer. But understand this, I don't think it's anything you can do, and it's not a step by step guide. It's insider information that you will need some skill to implement.

:sucks:

now you're gonna sell us internet work..:monkey:

:notrolls2:

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Really??? You're kidding right?

Lets take a short, quick look at the google ranking of AA's site, just to see if his answer COULD be worth twenty bucks....

tree removal pittsburgh pa ------ pg 4
tree service pittsburgh pa (google maps ranking) pg 9
tree service pittsburgh pa ------- pg 2
arborist pittsburgh pa --------- pg 1 # 1
tree trimming pittsburgh pa ------- pg 2
stump grinding pittsburgh pa -------- pg 1
tree pittsburgh pa ---------------- pg 4

My opinion on these ranks is that they're not bad. The arborist pitt, pa ranking is great, but when clients seeking an arborist find your site and see 90% of the pics showing spike climbing, the conversion rate will probably fall quickly there. The google map ranking is especially weak, and needs help.

Overall, it's (imo) a quite nice website with decent/good SEO. It's no secret that quality SEO is one of the keys to achieving a high search rank, and it's in no way worth dropping a twenty spot on someone through paypal to hear.

......There's a real webmaster who's a site sponsor who'd be a much better choice to throw some money at for site building/optimizing advice, rather than getting it second hand from someone who may or may not understand.

AA, do you currently have a plan in place to improve the sub-par search results, or are you happy basking in the glory of the rankings you've got?

For the record, I don't want or need anybody's $20 ...

The web site is still being developed and refined, but it has my business Googled out.

I'm a very small operation, basically a one man show. I'm deluged with calls and emails and have had to raise my prices three times this Summer to let me catch up. Even now I am busy like at no other time in my business.during the month of December.

I'm at the point of saturation, and have been for the year or so since the new site came online. The effect was immediate and hasn't let up. If anything it snowballed. I may have said here, it's worth more than all my equipment put together. I has changed my life and I really need to hire some talent to take advantage of it.

I invision that soon I will have no other job duties than to keep the ball rolling. If I am able to hire a talented climber that I could trust to deliver my high standards of work product for my customers. I could retire on that day. Not that I would, I love to climb. It would be very nice for me to pick and choose what trees I climb. In a way I do now, but I mean like one or two a week.

Customer relations is what I am best at, if that's all I had to do I'm sure I could increase this business by a large factor, I'm just waiting for the right Guy.

Last edited:
For the record, I don't want or need anybody's $20 ...

Cool, not to bust your balls or nothing, but it seemed pretty tacky to allude to some internet trade secret, then offer it up for a twenty spot. Maybe I just missed the humor.

I do like your site, and it's obviously doing well for you.

What do you think is the biggest key to your site being successful for you?

Yeah, I was being tacky ...

What do you think is the biggest key to your site being successful for you?

Hiring a professional who lives and breathes his work like you do yours!

I was just pulling back on some of the guys chains as I said: "I've got to get something out of this relationship" alluding to the grief I got here at first as opposed to actually learning something.

Well I have learned a something here, that many of you do care about helping others. Things are not always what they seem at first.

Anyway to answer your question I'll cut and pate from the answer I gave (for Free!) to the first person that PMd me about it. That person pretty much already knew:

You got it. Search engine optimization is what helps your site get ranking in searches by people using Google, Bing, etc. Google is the one to target because it is the engine used by most of the people online.

It's a dark art and many people try to "game" it. But it's mostly in plain view. It used be possible to do this without being seen by the "viewer" by using, for example white text on a white background with hundreds of key words the a computer sees and reads, but people can not.

My Guru says that that now actually hurts your page ranking because Google and the others (they follow Google) now have code that detects that particular "game". I've been into computers for years but this is way beyond my skill set with computers. Get a "Guru", a nerd who lives and breathes this stuff, just as we live and breathe tree work.

He has all kinds of "legal" tricks to increase your standing in Google's page ranking system. Most of all don't get caught trying to game the system or your page ranking will plummet, the opposite of what you want.

Bottom line, just like hiring a climber. Find a good one who knows all the tricks and fully understands his craft. Easier said than done, there are a lot of "hacks" out there that can actually hurt you business.

By the way, in the interests of full disclosure, I traded the take down of the 90' Pine (Spruce?) to Andrew Peters (the Guru). You can see him with the orange hard hat I gave him to work the job. I'm a tough negotiator, I said I'd take down the tree in trade for the web site work, but he had to load the truck.

Last edited:
Back