An Introduction

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was originally either Stihl or husky when my SXL quit. I ran a hand full of stihls( 031 041 029 MS290 044 MS440) and some Husky's(350 460 359)
went out and bought the 142 husky because I liked it and it felt good,bought the 350 Husky for the same reason and an MS310 to compare against it.
I was pleased with how the Stihl stuff ran, but was not bowled over like it was the second coming of salvation or anything. Good stuff, not my cup of tea!
I am stubborn, I ran that SXL-925 for everything up until it quit earlier this season, and be danged if I needed one of them new fangled saws. Now I realize that I need one of every one ever produced and 10 chains for each one and new files and more brands of mix oil yada yada yada.:jester:

Anyhoo, one thing I learned lurking on this site and reading endless threads after threads was, it came down to what I liked and was comfortable with, and I ran with that notion!

Chuck

THE FORCE IS STRONG WITH THIS ONE!::hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :greenchainsaw:
You're gonna anger the Norsemen!

It sure is, but the 372xp has a bit more power according to specs

I think this is just one more example of why we shouldn't put a lot of faith in published specs. Since the 372 and 2171 both use the indentical internal parts, which have the same exact part numbers, they are in reality the same saw in two different colors, and must therefore have the same power output.

Thanks for the welcome fellas

I've actually been lurking around this site for about 2 months collecting info and formulating opinions.
Once I discovered the search feature on the site I was off and running to increase my knowledge, there is literally more than can be comprehended on this site with a casual look around, hence my extended foray into the archives.
I've noticed that there are lots of opinions, brand bias, trash talking,mine is better than yours, yours is too weak to get out of its own way, my dog hunts better, your truck needs tires, but hey what the heck if you ask an intelligent question I'll help you, going on on this site. Basically it's like hanging out at the local gun shop and I feel right at home!
There seem to be ALOT of folks here that jump right in and share info,parts,first hand knowledge, and years of experience at the drop of a hat.
Thats beyond value in my book.
I also know that when I'm not qualified to wash someones dirty shop rags, it might be time to sit down shut up and cock an ear to whats being said!

I'll be around here for a while I venture to guess!

Chuck

Back