an old friend runs again, my FS150

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NWCS

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
got my old Stihl FS150 brush cutter running again today! after misplacing the clutch 3 years ago.. i found a clutch that worked good enough, of all things.. an 009 clutch! its not the good 3 shoe clutch the FS150 came with.. but it works. thing just screams after a very light muffler mod. cyl & piston still pretty good. sure its heavy.. it rattles.. it vibrates your arms off.. but i love this old bugger and the power just cant be matched! the FS150 uses an 015 motor with a diffrent throttle cover and lever bolted on the housing.. so parts are somewhat easy.

FS150.jpg

i really have no clue when it was made, it was given to me about 4 years ago by an old neighbor that has now passed on.. he was a very nice guy and this is staying with me as a reminder of that old man that was real cool.

Good deal! I had an adopted "grand father" who left me some of his tools and what not, and I too enjoy them because of the memories...

I believe I would have to fill in my ditch if I had to use that thing..lol. Looks to be mighty heavy. But a very interesting piece. First I have seen like that. I have a husqvarna similiar to that size but I have no motivation to check it out right now.

Curt

oh it IS heavy, can vibrate your arms into mush.. BUT, the darn thing will cut ANYTHING!was running a 3 tooth stihl blade on it yesterday and discovered an old barbed wire fence on a job yesterday.. hit that fence hard enough to crack the blade. also got hit in the face with a piece of a limb hard enough to chip one of my side teeth and leave a mark on my face for an hour or so..
thing is just hard core!

Hey Dedcow,

You and I should partner up. You can whack em and I'll trim em. This odd bird is an 015 masquerading as an HS 151. It runs and works too.

Larry

Hey Dedcow your in the movie business to where's all the extra's ya haven't even got a camera man.

But a good job anyway i even got to see the face attached to the name.

Mc Bob.

That is cool Ben. I see that you can handle that sucker alot better than I could, because I am about 5'7" or 8",,,hehe. Pretty much considered short. I know you have heard the saying what a short man is good for, Kissing a tall mans @ss...lol. But that is getting alittle off topic. But the video is cool, I may harass you to teach me how to do that.

Curt

that wouldnt be a problem at all Curt, i just use my Sony digital camera that will also do video, then use windows movie maker to reduce the size of the video a LOT! all you really do is load the movie clip in movie maker.. then save as whatever size you want.. dont have to edit or anything. best part to me is the movie maker thing is part of windows.. i like free stuff!

Back