Andy's Christmas 460 build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got to run a 044 the other day, and that and watching this video definitely makes up my mind for my next project; 044/046 hybrid or 440/460 hybrid :rock:. Can't wait.

Awesome saw andy!

:rock:

<object width="480" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3iznnpK1lls?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3iznnpK1lls?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

I am not a computer genious or any other kind of genious for that matter but how the heck did you get the video on the thread. Is there some secret code I dont know about?

When you reply there is an "insert video" icon that looks like a small piece of film reel. Click the icon then copy and paste the link from youtube in the blank it gives you, then add your caption in the reply blank and reply as usual.

Here is another vid of me ripping with the 460. I really like this saw.[video=youtube;HEbCVjb3GKc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEbCVjb3GKc[/video]

I am not a computer genious or any other kind of genious for that matter but how the heck did you get the video on the thread. Is there some secret code I dont know about?

Under your video there's a button that says "share", it'll open up more stuff, then click the button that says "embed".

Make sure the little box that says "use old code" is checked. Copy the code in the bigger box, and paste it in you reply/post.

You can also pick the size of embed you want, you'll see those options below the video as well.

I am posting this video so you can see the new saw case I built for the 460. I spent a couple of hours at work building it and I like the way it turned out. [video=youtube;POdSt607qQA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POdSt607qQA[/video]

Here are some pics of the new saw box that I built for the 460.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Dang, did you knit a blanky and darn a pillow for it too? :laugh:

Just giving ya a hard time. . . Box looks sweet! :cheers:

Andy that is one slick case NICE JOB I :heart: it ...
Looks like you and Shara are having fun thats what most important..
The 460 should get a little stronger yet once that new ring is broke in.. keep a sharp ear on the tune as it breaks in it may start running free witch could bump the rpm some .. I would rather see it ran a tad fat then on the border line remember fuel makes power (to a certain extent)
Have fun be safe ..

Just bringing this thread up again to say thanks again to Eric Copsey for modding my 460. I ran a couple of tanks of gas thru it last saturday afternoon and it was alot of fun, man that thing has power. I just ordered an 8pin sprocket for it to try expierimenting. This is my first modded saw and I am already thinking I need more. I better start saving. Now Eric is modding the dolkita that my wife is helping with the raffle for, it looks like it will be sweet. Eric you are a heck of a good guy. I am glad I found this site.

Bumping a good old thread, from back in the day when we could do a build thread, share information, and actually get along. I miss those days greatly! Nice thread Eric.

I hate it too Brad.

I don't have any solutions for you though. :(

Maybe a build thread from you might be a good idea....... :)

I can't remember the last time I saw pictures of what you do......

I'll behave myself........will you do the same?

I hate it too Brad.

I don't have any solutions for you though. :(

Maybe a build thread from you might be a good idea....... :)

I can't remember the last time I saw pictures of what you do......

I'll behave myself........will you do the same?
Nothing would make me happier, Randy. I mean that!

I haven't been taking port work for several months, since Dad passed. As you well know, Randy, a good build thread takes a lot of time and effort. I do plan on building myself a replacement for my 372 sometime, hopefully soon. Maybe I'll drum up the motivation to do a detailed thread. I don't have near the time that I used to, to devote to this. I certainly enjoyed it when I did though. A lot of the water that's been under the bridge has removed most of that joy too, but I'll give it a shot.

Back