anna apple tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jlstephanie

jlstephanie

ArboristSite Lurker
I have some questions, please, about the address given: is the 'digitalseed' address for full-size trees information? And, if so, are most of the trees mentioned available in a dwarf size? And (again!), what are the 'chill hours' mentioned in the lists? I am using all the information I can gain to make an educated decision on what types of fruit trees to put out next season for our own personal use, so if you have any other addresses with a wealth of information compacted together like that- please post it! Thank you!

John Paul Sanborn

John Paul Sanborn

Above average climber
Many fruit trees from temperate climates must have a certain amount of cold weather in order to fruit ormally. This requirement which varies with the cultivar (and sometimes with the climate) is referred to as chill hours.

This is cut directly from thier page. The column header is a link to the description page.

Dwarfism is related to the understock they are grafted too. On thing with dwarf fruit trees is athat orchard people say that they must be staked against tipping for their life.

Last edited:

Latest posts