Another 038 super to magnum thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not at the moment - I now have a a good running 3 saw plan, and don't feel the NEED - yet...
I'm also totally green to porting, I'd have to start reseaching for a while!

Is that realistic - can you get them?

I just made do with the dremel.

Anything can be bought as long as you know where to buy and have enough money!

I just wanted to make sure Harry didn't shell out for dental equipment, cuz now we're talking real money. :(

Carl
rest easy Carl - I had a feeling they were expensive, and have no intention of shelling hundreds. Funds are needed for the future 070 to 090 conversion (need the 070 first see)!

Last edited:
Harry,

I'm sure Dibbs will agree that the transfers can be left alone for a basic woods port, so get porting :hmm3grin2orange:

Yep!
Find squish and record. (Four way)
Strip it down.
Widen exhaust to a MAXIMUM of 70% of Piston diameter. Do not raise or lower.
Widen/Blend in the intake port. Do not raise or lower. Do not widen too close to your ring rotation pins on Piston.
Make your own gasket as per this thread to 0.5mm squish. (May take a few different materials/trys)

Let rip! :chainsaw:

Harry,

I'm sure Dibbs will agree that the transfers can be left alone for a basic woods port, so get porting :hmm3grin2orange:
Ha ha - you really want to see this ported don't you! I'm just a little nervous of rooting my nice OEM cylinder. Maybe I should get an aftermarket one to try on. I'm guessing 038Ms like porting right?
Yep!
Find squish and record. (Four way)
Strip it down.
Widen exhaust to a MAXIMUM of 70% of Piston diameter. Do not raise or lower.
Widen/Blend in the intake port. Do not raise or lower. Do not widen too close to your ring rotation pins on Piston.
Make your own gasket as per this thread to 0.5mm squish. (May take a few different materials/trys)

Let rip! :chainsaw:
You make it sound easy - is it really? It's all sounding pretty do-able for me. One thing I wonder/worry about though - my top priority (mostly) is durability/toughness/long life. How is porting going to affect this?
By the way "ring end" means something else as well on this side of the Atlantic! :laugh:
lolol - I thought they used it too. Johnny Cash did sell the rights of his song ring of fire to a laxitive comapny... Or so they say

You make it sound easy - is it really? It's all sounding pretty do-able for me. One thing I wonder/worry about though - my top priority (mostly) is durability/toughness/long life. How is porting going to affect this?

If you're worried then port it a little, if you like how it runs, port it a little more, if you like that, power pipe that alcohol running bad boy through some timed cuts like timberwolf does!

Bump.jpg

Back