Another 192T STIHL question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sizzle-Chest

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
okay, so i was poking around my 192 and i unscrewed the little muffler screen holder deal and ended up loosing the screw. now its just an open hole. is it okay to run the saw without the cover or the screen or will it F up the saw in the long run? thanks!

I can't see where it should hurt anything, most people probably leave them out when they take of the spark arrestors anyway, I think? Lakeside? Thall?
Andy

not sure about the 192's but i take the screen's and screw out of my 200's and leave them out.

Theres' a pile of 200T spark arresters at the bottom of most large firs... :)

However, it's slightly different on the 192T.. The screen is held in by a deflector which is part of the restriction. I guessing now (it's late and I've had a couple), but the muffler hole without the deflector is way too large for he saw and you won't get enough back pressure.

Check your max RPM with it on and off. If it goes up, then tune your carb so it gets back to max allowable. If it falls, probably too large. Time some cuts...

I'd start with the spark arrestor out and the deflector installed. Just taking out the screen will increase the effective area..

Back