Another 2 cord plus day

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beefie

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Well we decided to bring the big trailer out to the woods again. We were working in a different area of the woods this time. It had a lot of soft wood in there that needed culling.I was still able to get out 5 nice ash trees and some little iron wood trees. We got out to the woods about 8:30 and started cutting around 9:00 , sorry I don't have any pics of the mornings cutting. I took a pic of the trailer when we stoped for lunch and then a few cutting the ash up. It was nice to not be ankle deep in snow , you could actually see what you about to trip over. For the snow being gone for only about a week I was surprised at how dry it was . It sure made for a good day of cutting.Hope you enjoy the pics.

Beefie
This is what we had cut by lunch time
attachment.php

Neighbor cutting down one of the ash trees
attachment.php

Three of the five ash trees that were cut ,dead standing for about two years ready for the wood furnace
attachment.php

Mostly cut up , those Logrite cant hooks work awsome with the log lift
attachment.php

All loaded up 3:00 back on the road
attachment.php

Note the guy in the pic is my neighbor, he had jumped off the tractor to get one of the ash trees down while I was fueling up the 361, other than that he didn't get much saw time . just a lot of tractor time:clap:.I think it is time to kick back and have a couple of beers:cheers:

Well, you could just tote that load a little south, pull up in front of my house and unload it right at the curb. I wouldn't might one little bit! :)

Looking great!

Shari

Well, you could just tote that load a little south, pull up in front of my house and unload it right at the curb. I wouldn't might one little bit! :)

Looking great!

Shari

Shari you are a little too far south for this big of a load to travel legally, if you will take notice the old Dodge has a little squat to the rear. I think I am close to about 17,000lb of weight in the pic viewed.

Straight grain, no branches, easy to split. I'll take a boatload. :spam:

Who cares what species it is? Ash? Well, in that case, I'll take two boatloads. :greenchainsaw:

Not all of it was ASH but all the trees we were cutting didn't have any branches for the first 40-50'. I wish I could cut the trees that the were not marked but was told to leave for wildlife , than I could have a boatload of ASH ,OAK , HICKORY and IRONWOOD. That wood make 4 boatloads:dizzy:

So which saw were you using?

Thanks!
Bill

I was using my new STIHL 361 , I must have 8-10 tanks of gas in it since I bought It a couple of weeks ago. Nice saw, good power and your arms don't feal like jello at the end of the day like running my big saw. Now I can choose what saw I want for what tree I am cutting . This darn CAD is really bad.

Dang Beefie, that's a nice haul!
I like that trailer setup too!:drool:
Yep, have some beers and Advil. lol

I built that trailer from scratch you can view pics of it here if you do a search on my usernamed

That's a huge trailer, must give the truck a workout. My neighbor and I cut a fallen ash into pieces over the winter. It had been dead for a couple years then cut down and sitting on the ground for a year or so. The diameter was about 30". It was ready to burn right after we cut and split it. Of course it didn't have that dead black look to it like seasoned wood has, but it didn't hiss or smoke in the furnace, burned nice. Was easy to split, too.

That's a huge trailer, must give the truck a workout. My neighbor and I cut a fallen ash into pieces over the winter. It had been dead for a couple years then cut down and sitting on the ground for a year or so. The diameter was about 30". It was ready to burn right after we cut and split it. Of course it didn't have that dead black look to it like seasoned wood has, but it didn't hiss or smoke in the furnace, burned nice. Was easy to split, too.

loads like that aren't to bad on that truck I bet looks like a dodge with a cummins maybe? I have a 2500 with 360 gas and can put a stacked cord in the bed and pull 2 on a trailer all day. don't like going to the gas pump after a day of that though.....

nice work, but i really wished i saw chainsaw chaps and eyewear.

If I could get the neighbor to wear mine ,I would be impressed.He is a bit old school when it comes to ppe. If I could get him to take pics while I was cutting you would see full PPE being worn. He said to me when I asked him if he wanted to wear my chaps "I am only making a few cuts what could happen" my reply was the chainsaw could kick back and then you woudn't have to worry about that upcoming knee surgery as you probably will me in the hospital already.

Beefie

i have a similar setup, and from experience i can tell u that truck pulls the trailer with authority.

nice load of ash tht is by far my favorite firewood!!:cheers:

If I could get the neighbor to wear mine ,I would be impressed.He is a bit old school when it comes to ppe. If I could get him to take pics while I was cutting you would see full PPE being worn. He said to me when I asked him if he wanted to wear my chaps "I am only making a few cuts what could happen" my reply was the chainsaw could kick back and then you woudn't have to worry about that upcoming knee surgery as you probably will me in the hospital already.

Beefie

Good on ya' for trying. Rep. coming.

Some time you can't teach an old dog new tricks. It was very enjoyable to be able to cut the tree down limb it out were it laid and then have my neighbor jump on his tractor and make piles of logs . Then I could just buck everthing to length And he would come buy and load it in to the bucket on his tractor and take it over to the trailer. I just kept cutting wood and he would take it away. I was really surprised to see how much was in the trailer when we had stoped for lunch.

I got the truck and trailer unloaded today . Got alot of the big stuff split and all the little stuff stacked and it came out to be just shy of 2.5 cord. Good weekend. I wish I could do it again this weekend but the neighbor will be out of town for 2 weeks. O well there is lots of splitting and stacking to get done.

Beefie

Latest posts

Back