Another 346XP Build !!! Trying Something Different !!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This pine just keeps getting bigger. :laugh:

[video=youtube;jsXoH-sNLh4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsXoH-sNLh4&list=UUg2yelCeKwB12xIohZfmf1g&index=1&feature=plcp[/video]

This pine just keeps getting bigger. :laugh:

[video=youtube;jsXoH-sNLh4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsXoH-sNLh4&list=UUg2yelCeKwB12xIohZfmf1g&index=1&feature=plcp[/video]

all i can say about it randy is WOW!!!!!!! i haven't gotten it back yet to run it but i can sure tell you really woke it up,,, now i am even more anxious to get her back in my hands

Very nice! But it wont beat mine LOL

The 346 I did for you is a good runner. I like to think I learn a little more on each one though. Scott's saw might just spank your's. :msp_unsure:

:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

The 346 I did for you is a good runner. I like to think I learn a little more on each one though. Scott's saw might just spank your's. :msp_unsure:

i have always heard through the grapevine john likes to get spanked:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

:msp_mad: That is just not right :msp_thumbdn: :hmm3grin2orange: I don't mind a bit! I like mine way to much!I got to tease him you know! :hmm3grin2orange:

:msp_mad: That is just not right :msp_thumbdn: :hmm3grin2orange: I don't mind a bit! I like mine way to much!I got to tease him you know! :hmm3grin2orange:

:biggrin::biggrin: yours was the guinea pig:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

I think Wendell's was :hmm3grin2orange: Mine has the after market top end so yours should be a little better?

it was a brand new saw,, i had only run about 1 1/2 tanks through it,, even before the porting it was a fun saw to run

First of all, Nice Build!

Couple of questions, what burs and what handpiece (pictures please) are you using for your uppers? They came out nice...
What chain did you set that up to run? .325 or 3/8? Whatever you have it setup as it pulls it nice!
BTW, thanks for your time you invest, you keep it cool.
Thanks,

Kevin

Looks more like spit-back than dust that came trough the air filter to me? :msp_unsure:

I have never seen anything like that in one of those filter, and I have used a lot of them.....:msp_confused:

I noticed a lot of "fines" in the carb intake throat with my mesh filter . So , I put a liberal amount of grease around the intake tube , where the filter slides down over it . I also smeared a very thin layer of grease all over the inside top surface ( to catch any "fines") and all around the seam of the air filter . Voila , no more "fines" in carb throat . :smile2: .. - But , I did notice "blowback" , exactly where it is in Randy's picture . Same color , but no dirt/grittyness.

I think Wendell's was :hmm3grin2orange: Mine has the after market top end so yours should be a little better?

I can't knock the top end I used on your saw John. It was one of the ones that nmurph gets ahold of, and they are very high in quality in my book. :rock:

First of all, Nice Build!

Couple of questions, what burs and what handpiece (pictures please) are you using for your uppers? They came out nice...
What chain did you set that up to run? .325 or 3/8? Whatever you have it setup as it pulls it nice!
BTW, thanks for your time you invest, you keep it cool.
Thanks,

Kevin

Scott's saw is running 3/8 X .058 7 pin in that video. I think it will pull .050 gauge a bit faster. :)

Here's some pics of Tbones 346 port work and the tools I use.

The finish is created by diamond burrs.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Back