Another borrowed saw bites the dust

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The best idea I have heard so far is getting a decent affordable loaner saw that can be sacrificed in the name of being a good neighbor/relative. As you hand the them the dedicated loaner saw....:chainsawguy: ....try to avoid them getting a glimpse of your prized 880 or 7900 as you hand them the Wild Thingy........

Yep thats my program!

I loaned out my small dozer to friend who was putting in a road on his 90 acres on the other side of the state. He loaned it to some body else and then got hurt, he was in the hospital for more than a year, he had serious head injuries and had no memory of even borrowing it from me, let alone who he loaned it to. That was 20 years ago and I never saw it again.

The best idea I have heard so far is getting a decent affordable loaner saw that can be sacrificed in the name of being a good neighbor/relative. As you hand the them the dedicated loaner saw....:chainsawguy: ....try to avoid them getting a glimpse of your prized 880 or 7900 as you hand them the Wild Thingy........

I also hand them the bill for chain sharpening/replacement or any other service bills, and consumables (gas oil mix, bar oil...) as I insisit they run the same products as I do so I tell the to take what I have.

I always make sure what I borrow is returned in the same if not better condition than I found it, unless it's a total mess then I may decide to go buy my own anyways ;)

Last edited:
I have 2 loaner saws that I'll only loan to certain people.

I have a freind who lent a saw to his brother to take up to camp. A week later his brother says he left the saw at camp. No big deal, he figures its in the shed. A month later his dad calls him up botchin at him because his saw is stuck in his favorite tree. He tells me his brother didn't like the acorns hitting his car.

Back