Another chainsaw chain question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomdcoker

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I buy up old saws from saw shops and fix the ones that I can and sell the others for parts on ebay. Last week I bought 21 saws from a saw shop in horn lake and one of the saws was a pro mac 10-10s. I cleaned it up and put a fuel filter and fuel line on it and it ran great. So I carried it to the woods for a try-out. I have been us
ing saws for 30 years or longer, but I have never seen a saw cut like this one did. I have never seen a chain sharpened like this chain. I will try to post some pictures so maybe someone can tell me what procedure was used. I included a picture of the chips also. If the pictures don't work maybe someone will email me with instructions. I see that the pictures are not there Tom

Last edited:
old saws

Well your pictures didn't load. Would you tell me how you manage to buy old saws around here i am having no luck shops wont sell inventory and people won't clean out the barn. I get one or two but want a larger inventory trying to do what you and others are doing. Plus collect a few.:bowdown:

Does it have a square ground chisel chain on it ?? Kind of what it sounds like, square chain cuts alot faster than round filed.

Anotherchainsaw chain question

I had three different people to tell me that the chain was sharpened with either a file or a electric grinder.= and after looking at it more closely I think they are right. By-the-way the chain is an Oregon # 72. Thanks Tom

Are you certain its oregon 72? it looks like carlton A1C to me.
Might be that woodsman X series chain with the carlton tie straps and drivers, but oregon cutters.

Latest posts

Back