Another chimney Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loadthestove

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
a few days ago i started a post on relocating my wood furnace to another room in my house.http://www.arboristsite.com/firewood-heating-wood-burning-equipment/172389.htm

Anyway After some measure and other things my installation would be much easier if I simply went staight up with my chimney.

I can use the stainless chimney and go up thru an interior closet and out thru the roof.this will make the duct work and cold air return much simpler to install.

first off,is it safe to thru the second floor living area and out the roof? what is the thoughts on this.also double wall insulated or the tripple wall pipe.which is best?

I want to use the very best available and use what is safest.

a few days ago i started a post on relocating my wood furnace to another room in my house.http://www.arboristsite.com/firewood-heating-wood-burning-equipment/172389.htm

Anyway After some measure and other things my installation would be much easier if I simply went staight up with my chimney.

I can use the stainless chimney and go up thru an interior closet and out thru the roof.this will make the duct work and cold air return much simpler to install.

first off,is it safe to thru the second floor living area and out the roof? what is the thoughts on this.also double wall insulated or the tripple wall pipe.which is best?

I want to use the very best available and use what is safest.

stainless steel insulation.........

Of course the stainless is safe if rated to the 2100 degrees or high temp. There should be a UL mark on the box or the pipe as well.

Going through floors requires what's known as heat shields and of course a support box. There are other items like brackets that need to be applied every 8 feet and maybe an attic insulation shield if you have batting or blown insulation in the upper/attic portion of the building. You'll also need roof flashing and a storm collar.
The pipe itself should be double wall insulated where only 2" of clearance is required.

If you need help designing a system call me.
We offer Simpsons Duravent products at 30% off. Specifically Duratech for your install. All I need are some basic measurements and roof pitch to figure out what this system will require for piece/parts.

Back