Another fine, fun-filled day at the sawmill.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember the good old days in Columbus, MS when the railroad tie creosote mill was running big time before the lawyers sued them into throwing in the towel. The cut the rough ties to size, before creosoting them, making for some of the best heater wood a guy could ask for. I still have a shed full, holding on to them for the last rainy day. Free but the best time to load up was in mid summer when everyone else was laid up under AC.

I remember the good old days in Columbus, MS when the railroad tie creosote mill was running big time before the lawyers sued them into throwing in the towel. The cut the rough ties to size, before creosoting them, making for some of the best heater wood a guy could ask for. I still have a shed full, holding on to them for the last rainy day. Free but the best time to load up was in mid summer when everyone else was laid up under AC.
many lawyers, need to be sued out of existence..........

if that truck is all you have.. you need helper springs,,and racks like farmers used to have on their pickups!!!
Side rails are in the planning stage. The SheWolf has an idea for a three-piece side rail getup that can be easily set in place and removed by one person.

Dunno if we need helper springs... the truck seems to handle these loads pretty well without bottoming out.

Finished unloading, splitting & stacking this morning. Almost to the end, figure a couple, three more loads will do it. I gotta get the saw out one day and lop off these long ones so they can join their brothers on the stacks.

100_3.jpg 100_4.jpg

Side rails are in the planning stage. The SheWolf has an idea for a three-piece side rail getup that can be easily set in place and removed by one person.

Dunno if we need helper springs... the truck seems to handle these loads pretty well without bottoming out.

Finished unloading, splitting & stacking this morning. Almost to the end, figure a couple, three more loads will do it. I gotta get the saw out one day and lop off these long ones so they can join their brothers on the stacks.

View attachment 493305 View attachment 493306
about the springs..true with your NOW loads,,but side boards will double the tonnage.........

Latest posts

Back