another husqvarna

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to pick up a 385/390 one of these days. Just havent had the chance yet. Cant keep myself off of the 064's lately either!

It's evidently a 390 because I measured the bore and its at least 5 4.80 through the exhaust.

Ebay usually has them listed under 372 coils. You can usually pick one up for around $30.

you'll need to pull the cylinder........

To measure it right.

I can help you if you're near Maryville.

865-206-8482 Steve

To measure it right.

I can help you if you're near Maryville.

865-206-8482 Steve

I know how to do it just don't have experience with this model. I want to run it a little bit before I tear it down and port it. I will check it better then but I'm sure its 55 mm. Thanks for the offer though.

If I use aftermarket I use the one from baileys as they'll stand behind it. I've used 3 of them with no problems so far. A couple have been on saws for over 2 years.

Measure the length of the exhaust port, then the measure the distance betweem the far intake side of the cylinder to the exhaust outlet flange. Then subtract the length of the exhaust port. make sure to center the measureing device in the cylinder and the exhaust port. This method works very well, in my experence

If I use aftermarket I use the one from baileys as they'll stand behind it. I've used 3 of them with no problems so far. A couple have been on saws for over 2 years.

They must have gotten the bugs worked out of them, I had one awhile back that the kill switch terminal wouldn't work.

I got to run the saw today quite a bit and was very happy with it. It is so smooth and responsive and has good torque but i think the coil and muff mod will make a big diff even before porting. As of now my ported 181 still has it whooped on power but i think after mods this one could be my new favorite.

227326d1330839885-saw-029-jpg
227327d1330839980-saw-030-jpg
227328d1330840070-saw-031-jpg
227325d1330839788-saw-028-jpg

Last edited:
Yeah its in good shape ,just dirty. The coil is the same as the 372 isnt it? I dont have access to ebay or i would get one there, i think one of the local shops has a few 372 cases with coils, thought about checking those for an unlimited coil.

If you find some parts saws local you don't want let me know. I wouldn't mind a project or two. I can't remember what years the coils changed over.

Is the cylinder stamped 54 or 55 on the top?

Latest posts

Back