another husqvarna

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clutch for the 390 was supposedly a heavier duty unit. (Different spring type) 503975001 - 385, 537137972 - 390

Oil pump for the 385 was the adjustment screw where the 390 had a three position adjustment. 503521302 - 385, 503521305 - 390.

My 385 had the 390 oil pump as it was a late 385. The instructions for oil adjustment in the owners manual was as per 385 but adjusted as per 390. It was easy to break the adjuster if you tried to "screw" the adjuster.

At times parts from either were found on either.

Are you sure those differenses aren't just a matter of when the saw is made, and not really about the model? They made both for some time.....

I guess this thing had a bad crankcase and was replaced with one from a 385. Everything else on it is from a 390.

227381-photos-3-028-jpg
227382-photos-3-030-jpg

Picked up an unlimited coil today and put it on and added a good sized port and deflector to the muffler.
Besides sounding much better i believe it made a good noticable difference in power. I will try it out more tom and try to get a video posted of it. Next thing i need to buy is a tach.I wonder how mant rpms i picked up just from the coil and muffler?

Picked up an unlimited coil today and put it on and added a good sized port and deflector to the muffler.
Besides sounding much better i believe it made a good noticable difference in power. I will try it out more tom and try to get a video posted of it. Next thing i need to buy is a tach.I wonder how mant rpms i picked up just from the coil and muffler?

The coil wont make any difference to your RPM in the cut, which is what really matters.

The coil wont make any difference to your RPM in the cut, which is what really matters.

Are you saying that i will not get over rpms of limited coil in the cut? What kind of rpms will i gain in cut with muffler mod ?

Are you saying that i will not get over rpms of limited coil in the cut? What kind of rpms will i gain in cut with muffler mod ?

Coil won't make any difference in power. They are limited to 13,500 I think, and there is no way you can get over that RPM in the cut. I don't know how much a muffler mod will gain you in performance.

Is the topend the only difference between the two? What size bore?
ht3.jpg
jh.jpg
bh.jpg

Last edited:
Coil won't make any difference in power. They are limited to 13,500 I think, and there is no way you can get over that RPM in the cut. I don't know how much a muffler mod will gain you in performance.

Be hard to tune though with limited coil and modifications.

Latest posts

Back