Another old 028 WB question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sawjo

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Fixing a friends early 028 (mag gas tank, no chain brake). I have done the searches but there is too much variation in question /responses. It could use a new spur sprocket and the current one is the type were the spur comes off seperately from the clutch drum with and e-clip, I know that spur is NLA. Can I use a regular drum/spur sprocket for a later model 028? I have a 028Super parts saw and it looks like the plastic oil pump cover will fit - so I would have the larger hole in that cover. I don't want to convert to a rim because this fix is on the cheap. Will a newer drum/spur oil gear mesh with the original WB oil pump drive gear?

Thanks in advance. Joe.

Well instead of taking the lazy route and asking, I made the switch over the other night and it does work. You would have to dremel out a little relief cut out of the plastic oil pump cover were the hand gaurd piviot point contacts it (its wider than the brake handle piviot assembly on the Super). Other than that - a swap. Could help the guys who want to make the switch from the older 2 piece spur and clutch drum to a the 1 piece jobby.

Latest posts

Back