Another Saw ID

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cuttinscott said:
its actually a parts / pieces saw.... according to the chain brake its a 1987 111 or 115, but has a newer fuel tank mid 90's - current vintage and a carb from a PS540..

my .02

Scott

just asking here scott, So I'll try to be gentle in the way I ask.

What is differant about the fuel tank? My 87 111 tanks looks idenical, decal location and all.

Tell me your thoughts on the carb. i have seen 4 differant carbs on the 110-111 and 115 models over the years. They have made 115's that were not 115i's, they had that setup with that goofy looking choke lever. The i's had a even goofier looking pivoting red handle that injected fuel. That tiltotson carb had no choke provisions and had a goofy box surrounding the carb. Only seen one with that setup. All the rest have looked like this one. i think the most common carb was the walbro ws-67. I could be wrong on the ws prefix, but remember the 67 part. lol.

Steve the gas tank is different from stock. Look at the half throttle lock button, the housing around the button is raised, in 87' this was not done.
carb. the pic is not to clear but it looks like a choke walbro style from a PS540 note the stock 1987 111 pic.

Scott

There is no doubt it is a Dolmar, with the old handle and the absense of an injection carburetor I have to say this is a 109.

Scott, the reason i say 109 is that the PS540 never came with the full metal handle this is the old style handle.

Terry, That brake style never was in conjunction with that choke lever or gas tank. Here is a pic of a 1987 stock 109 that had a hood change.

Scott

Latest posts

Back