Another Shindaiwa on the way

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alderman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
The old Shindaiwa 500 finally gave up the ghost. She got a crack in the crankcase and would cost way more to fix it than I paid...$100.00.
I've been itchin' to get another saw and was thinking of going bigger than the 488 I currently own. Ended up going the other way and picked up a used Shindaiwa 360 off e-bay for $125.00. I figure this will make a good saw for puttering around the place and I can pack it in the truck during hunting season to clear debris from the road. I know this saw won't have the power of the 500 or 488 but for a small saw, how are these compared to the others out there? I know I jumped the gun but I've had great luck with Shindaiwa in the past.:blob2:

alderman said:
The old Shindaiwa 500 finally gave up the ghost. She got a crack in the crankcase and would cost way more to fix it than I paid...$100.00.
I've been itchin' to get another saw and was thinking of going bigger than the 488 I currently own. Ended up going the other way and picked up a used Shindaiwa 360 off e-bay for $125.00. I figure this will make a good saw for puttering around the place and I can pack it in the truck during hunting season to clear debris from the road. I know this saw won't have the power of the 500 or 488 but for a small saw, how are these compared to the others out there? I know I jumped the gun but I've had great luck with Shindaiwa in the past.:blob2:

The 360 is a good saw. Runs sort of like a Stihl 020T but with a rear handle!

One word of caution, keep the air filter clean. Debris has a habit of getting past the filter where it fits on the snorkle.

Latest posts

Back