another space helmet

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just picked up a kask myself and so far I really like it. I wasn't planning on getting the muffs for it, I'd rather not have the extra bulk on my head while aloft but I was considering the visor. You say it gets pretty beat up that fast? For the amount of $$ they want for that visor you'd think it was made out of cryptonite or something..How well does it stay in the stowed up position and what keeps it up there?

Get the muffs for sure, unless you love earplugs. I use the lighter weight peltors, P3 I think? Once they're screwed to the helmet they work well and last a long time. They stow well and don't affect the ballance of the helmet much at all. I have a heavy duty aircraft rated set of peltors (H10's?) as muffs for chipping and grinding.

The replacement plastic for the visor is $50 in aus from memory. Mine was scuffed up and scratched on the second or third day I guess. By the end of the month you really couldnt see through it at all. I can't justify spending $600/year on visors. Mesh screens are great for me and last a long time and work well (with sunnies underneath) but I cant get one to fit very well and be comfortable on the Kask. I'm not careful with my helmet I'll admit. I don't stow it in a tote bag and it does get left on the ground. It rolls around in the truck from time to time but mostly I store it on a hook in the toolbox. I guess I treat mine about the same as most guys do. I've gone back to just glasses now.

What where those metal clips on his boot! I like the uniform, reminds me of climbers in Japan. We always called them Power Rangers, cause of the bright colors, ya couldn't miss them, so they work!
zhao3.jpg
zhao2.jpg
zhao4.jpg

Mac, don't get me wrong, just because 95% of PNW loggers are closet gays who secretly wish that they could wear pink helmets and peach colored chaps, it doesn't mean they're not nice people or anything... cough cough
zhao3.jpg
zhao2.jpg
zhao4.jpg

Latest posts

Back