Another stellar job by the boys in orange.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OutOnaLimb

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I got called in to takes these stubs off of an American Elm after Asplundh came in and did there line clearance work. They left 15ft+ leaders with zero lateral branches. The 1 leader that was left was about 12" at the trunk. I know the boys in orange trim for clearance, and not appearance, but leaving these stubs is ridiculous. Is this actually company policy to stub off trees like this? I talked to the home owner and he said they were using a bucket truck. Come on, it would have taken another 1/2 hour to drop crotch these stubs. Im not complaining because I got the work, I just thought that Asplundh screwed the pooch on this one.

That is pretty horible, I would have them back there to finish the work. Though usually they dont have to clear for a service drop to a house, the two utulity companies I have worked for are not responsible for service drop, which is home owners responsibility. But if it was one of the contract crews that left it like that I would send them back on there own time to finish it right.

The more they cut, the more they have to clean up. Hence, the stubs.

I wonder how utilities will be delivered to the consumer in 100 years. I bet it won't be as always before.

It's up to da yute!:blob2:

Most of the lines, at least in newer residential area have gone underground. There is even an ongoing issue in Conneticut that they want to underground some Transmission lines, think they are 345KV. but the cost is very very high.

thats too bad. asplundh does a fairly descent job around here. not always rresidential quality, but i havnt seen any crap like that. ive spoken with a few former asplundh guys in the past and discussed the quality of LC arboriculture and i doubt that is company policy, just some guys who didnt care

Would somebody please make the image a reasonable size and post it?  I'd love to see what's being discussed, but haven't got the 15 minutes to invest in the download.

Thanks,
Glen

Yeah, but I did it using a Windows XP powertoy, something that will surely conflict with glen's values.

Hope the job hunting's going well, Leon.

Those powertoys are probably built with code snatched from the stuff I use, and it would only conflict with my values if <i>I</i> did it, Nick!

;<tt></tt>)

Thanks guys.&nbsp; Looks like a lot of trees around here as done up by the local "tree surgurers".

Glen

Thanks for resizing the pics up for me guys. I just loaded what the home owner Emailed to me. Im not that good with that technical computer stuff. Maybe one of these days I can come out to Louisiana and Butch can show me how to do cool stuff with a computer.

Kenn.:D

If you want to see some <i>real</i> cool stuff, come to Indy.

Glen

Latest posts

Back