Another stove recommendation thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picking a stove seems way too complicated given factors like: insulation in building, square-feet, ceiling height, style/layout of building, stove type; epa, secondary burn, blowers, chimney style, draft, etc.

Too bad there isn't a graph or table we could just look at that would decide what we would need .:D

You may ask me, for I, I am the wood stove maven.:bowdown::bowdown:

Long thread but let me add a little bit. I heat a 1700SF house with a non-cat Hearthstone stone stove rated for 1900. It works great in all weather at heating the whole house. Regular sized stoves heat regular sized houses.

If I had a big house I would get a bigger stove. For the OP, if you could stand the looks, I would very much recommend get the Blaze King King for long burn times, major heat output, deep ash storage, and superior utility to ANY modern stove. The dang think has an automatic thermostat and 4.6 cubic feet of firebox!

If I had a really big house and/or just a really ideal basement layout situation then I would at least consider a wood furnace. I don't even think they are legal in my state. I would still have a stove installed that could heat the house for when the power goes out and to have a ncie fire to gather 'round on Christmas.

Back