Another what is it?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I figured out the conveyor, I see what you mean about the wood slates. The hay elevator at my pals farm would drop the pieces not bring them to the top. I found a bunch on the craigslist, but then I started thinking about a treadmill. I really just want to shoot them up from the splitter into the dump trailer. But then I also want to have a big one for at the house. Hmm gas powered tread mill and gas powered splitter. Maybe hydro treadmill/splitter combo into the dump trailer. I got used to splitting them before bringing them home. My pal spoiled me, I dropped all his dead standing, and he let me split/store it there before I was ready to bring it home.

Matt, I bring mine home in 12' logs on my log wagon, stack them and then when I have time (wet in the bush) I use my manure fork bucket and cut them into rounds. I push all the rounds into a pile then when I have time (night after work) I split them onto the conveyor to be piled. Seems to be the best way for me to do firewood as it allows me to work around the weather. I don't own the property I cut trees on so I do not want to cause any damage and I have to work around crops planted too. They are ploughing the field right now so I'm likely just going to be felling stuff and wait for frozen ground to haul stuff home. I can get my Steiner to the bush but not the big tractor for now. My moto is "don't bite the hand that feeds you" especially when it's right behind my house.

Back