Another wood ID. Don't you get sick of them?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not sure, is it heavy , does it cut easy, any smell?
Not very heavy, less than oak or maple. A little heavier than pine. Cross cuts fairly easily, very long noodles when noodling. Splitting is a real pain. Very stringy especially pieces that have knots. No noticeable smell. I don't have pictures of leaves as these were logs i got free. Logs are anywhere from 18" to 30" diameter and straight. These trees were planted many years ago and taken care of. There are also maples, ash and locust in the same lot. It used to be part of a hospital grounds that was given away to a school. They are clear cutting all the tress that were planted many years ago to make it easier to maintain.

Not very heavy, less than oak or maple. A little heavier than pine. Cross cuts fairly easily, very long noodles when noodling. Splitting is a real pain. Very stringy especially pieces that have knots. No noticeable smell. I don't have pictures of leaves as these were logs i got free. Logs are anywhere from 18" to 30" diameter and straight. These trees were planted many years ago and taken care of. There are also maples, ash and locust in the same lot. It used to be part of a hospital grounds that was given away to a school. They are clear cutting all the tress that were planted many years ago to make it easier to maintain.
Can you get a pic of the leaves?

I'll throw black(swamp) willow in the hat. Basswood usually splits easy and straight. The bark doesn't look right for honey locust and honey locust is heavy.

Back