Another woodworking Q

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something tells me that AS needs a woodworking sub-forum to Milling & Saw Mills. :)
Ian
We've talked about this several times in the past, but there are good reasons why they don't. One is that milling and woodworking topics are often so close together that the post could go in either if there were two. Other point that was brought up was the fact that there are already many good woodworker forums out there. The folks at AS might not want to go that direction.

OK... another year. Watched the ball drop for what... the umteenth time. Promised a guy I'd drop a huge 30" maple tree for him tomorrow (um... today) and then I'll mill some of it depending on what it looks like when I open it up. Ya never know, might be some interesting curly grain inside, or it might be full of clothesline hooks. It's next to a house and probably about 75 years old so good chance of at least a little hardware maybe.

We've talked about this several times in the past, but there are good reasons why they don't. One is that milling and woodworking topics are often so close together that the post could go in either if there were two. Other point that was brought up was the fact that there are already many good woodworker forums out there. The folks at AS might not want to go that direction.

I agree there's not what you would call frantic activity in this subforum than cant tolerate the odd WW post. The woodworking one I've posted >2000 posts on is this one. Mainly Aussies but lots of Yanks and Brits and people from all over. Us Aussies like it cos the mods allow us to use Aussie slang which may get knocked out elsewhere. The Jigs and rigs section can be interesting too.

OK... another year. Watched the ball drop for what... the umteenth time. Promised a guy I'd drop a huge 30" maple tree for him tomorrow (um... today) and then I'll mill some of it depending on what it looks like when I open it up. Ya never know, might be some interesting curly grain inside, or it might be full of clothesline hooks. It's next to a house and probably about 75 years old so good chance of at least a little hardware maybe.
:popcorn: :clap: :rock:

No milling for me for 2 weeks :cry: as I've just flown to Melbourne to attend a guitar making school :) . I'f I make anything worth showing I'll post some pics.

Last edited:
I used to post at woodworking.com when I was dabbling in '05. I slipped out of woodworking before I ever got competent at even the basic joinery when I started messing with chainsaws. Now this milling thing that I started just as an excuse to run a saw has brought me full circle back to woodworking again. I guess I have to revisit this joinery stuff again.

Ian

Back