Ans: cold hands

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
xander9727 said:
I wear Atlas Therma Fit gloves. They are good to about 15 degrees. They were designed for use in freezer boxes. They don't get wet easily and even when they are they still keep your hands pretty warm.
Atlas451.jpg

They look boxy, how do they fit for climbing?

Jack

None of those things fit me. i use the yellow knit things, they work well to around 20-25 degrees.

I've tried the neoprene, but they do not last very long.

BTW i hate all those latex palmed gloves, for how they shread and get stuck in my VT hitch.

John , You may not be able to find atlas gloves to fit your big mits but they are much better than ugly gloves regarding gettting caught in the hitch.

Has anyone tried using a mechanic's glove for cold weather climbing? One problem is that the palms are usually leather. I'd like a glove with a tacky palm and enough sensitivity to deal with knots. I tried applying spray adhesive to a pair of mechanic's gloves, but it doen't last well. Suggestions?

jkrueger said:
They look boxy, how do they fit for climbing?

Jack

They fit awesome. I can tie and untie my throwline with them. They don't shed like the cheaper brands and get caught in your hitch. JPS, I have pretty big paws and I wear the mediums. They come in sizes up to XL. My brother is 6'7" and he can wear larges. I like them to fit tight. Try the XL gloves, I'm sure they'll fit your "Gorilla in the Mist" paws.:)

Sherrill or someone brought a box of them to a show and i tred them on.

As with any glove, my biggest problem is the distance between thumb and pointer finger. I end up fighting the glove and tireing out fast.

The cheap yeallow ones cost arounf 1.50 in bulk and can go on either hand...

Sorry, I wasn't even thinking of "The Rules" when I wrote the response. My intention was to give people some more info. Like I said in my edit, if anyone wants to read the article that I wrote for Arborist News titled, Cold Weather Comfort, I can email a copy to you. Let me know off-forum.

Edited because Glen attached the PDF. T'anks buddy!

;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back