anti-kickback chain, opinions, comments ...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fnfal

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Called the sawshop today to order chain and was told Oregon makes a chain(72DP) that is designed to help against kickback and cuts almost as fast. Has anyone tried this chain? Does it really perform as I was told? :confused2:

Tried it many years ago (think 6+) and the only reason was it was the only one available for the saw and I had work to do. I didn't notice a whole lot but then again, I wasn't worried about it being an anti-kickback chain. Just take your time and wear your PPE and you'll be fine with any chain.

If get get suckered into a safety chain, I don't throw it away. I wear it out.

I use them up. They work OK for me but I would rather have a chisel chain with no kick back ramps

I have thought about picking one up because my new saw doesn't have a chain brake. I don't know much about them though, other than most people hate them.

The DP is just a semi-chisel chain. The anti-kickback chain is the 72V. People confuse the raised part of the drive link for a safety chain. I like it because the depth gauge is much smaller, and the raised portion doesn't come into play until the depth gauge is practically removed. The LPX chain is the chisel chain equivalent to the DP.

I hate them. They cut slow and weigh more than yellow chain. Do yourself a big favor and avoid them. Wear your PPE and just be careful as advised earlier and enjoy the speed and smoothness of a "pro" chain.

I hate them. They cut slow and weigh more than yellow chain. Do yourself a big favor and avoid them. Wear your PPE and just be careful as advised earlier and enjoy the speed and smoothness of a "pro" chain.

I think that's the exact response my subconscious was wanting to hear :) Thanks rooster !!!!

Last edited:
Back