any cord king owners here?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A100HVA

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
howdy guy's i just joined this site and was wonderin' if there are any other cord king owners in here too? i have had my machine since 1987 and it sure works great! i work most of the time by myself in the summer only and this past summer my son forrest age 11 statrted runnin' er while i loaded the deck with my 1845 case skid steer.he did good.i cant wait for summer to come,so we can giver hell again!
we would like to hear about anybody else's wood business they got goin' and what they use for splittin' & loadin' equipment.
here's my operation:
woodyard002.jpg

Last edited:
i just bought a chomper tonight. it doesn't have a saw that does the cutting. it has a shear blade. will do up to a 14 inch log maybe a little more. set up with a 4 way wedge all i need to do now is get a conveyor and ill be set..

big saw blade

Id like 2 know where I can buy a 48 in,. or bigger circular blade?...any ideas,?..thanks Eric

i just bought a chomper tonight. it doesn't have a saw that does the cutting. it has a shear blade. will do up to a 14 inch log maybe a little more. set up with a 4 way wedge all i need to do now is get a conveyor and ill be set..
Once you start using it let us know how you like it.

howdy guy's i just joined this site and was wonderin' if there are any other cord king owners in here too? i have had my machine since 1987 and it sure works great! i work most of the time by myself in the summer only and this past summer my son forrest age 11 statrted runnin' er while i loaded the deck with my 1845 case skid steer.he did good.i cant wait for summer to come,so we can giver hell again!
we would like to hear about anybody else's wood business they got goin' and what they use for splittin' & loadin' equipment.

PICS!?!?!

Id like 2 know where I can buy a 48 in,. or bigger circular blade?...any ideas,?..thanks Eric
what kind of blade, I need specifics, I can get them up to 78"

BTW, search my name, I have a link of buddys firewood processor in one of my posts, they dont make much wood in a day but over the summer they do 300-400 cords

Processor

We have a Multitek 2040XP90 . Great machine.
How's the wood business been in Conway this year? We are located in New Boston, NH

reply's

steelhead:search for a kodiak saw blade dealer in your area you'll be glad you bought one.get the carbid tip.
ben14826:check out my web site www.woodnsaws.org, you will be glad you switched to cordking. pm me when you get it!!!
hbbyloggr:its been a rollercoaster ride this year!!! there are so many "new" wood dealers in the surrounding area's there have been newspaper articles telling about what a tuff year its been to sell split firewood! the newspaper articles covered about a 60mile radius?:laugh:

Mr Firewood

Holly Cow,...Ok I wood like one with carbide inserts, 48" to 60",...hole size dosent matter, the thicker the better, My sister lives near columbus, and Iam going down to see her soon, Thank you Eric A100 thank you I will check out kodiak,..

Nice shop A100!!, a saw shop with a woodstove, two of my favorite things, if there is a donught shop nearby I just might have to move :biggrinbounce2:

Nice Shop

I do believe I would spend a good deal of time shooting the sh!t in that shop if I was near you. . . . . . . . . . .

Alright, you've got the cordking, and hbbylggr has the multitek. These are the two machines I am considering, either of you able to compare the 2 machines, as in have used both?? What is the maintenance like on the machines?? Either of you figured out your operating costs per hour?? Fuel Consumption?? ACTUAL production #'s you all are seeing?? What motors?? What type of wood are you processing?? How many cords do you all do in a year??

Thanks,
Greg

thanks for the saw shop comp:clap:the production varies small wood4"-8"diameter21' takes 1hr per cord,20"-24"diameter21' long about 15 minutes per cord. operating costs per hour $10.00.mixed hardwoods 100-300 cords per year.i have never been able to fill all orders for wood 'cause i can't find a reliable wood supplier:deadhorse: been like that since the day i bought it:jawdrop:

processor

Iam gathering the stuff 2 build a processor ,....scored I think,.. a live deck .Over built but vary much adaptable....I would really like to use a carbide tiped circular blade ,...most of my wood has been draged threw the dirt so a circular blade with carbide is the only way to go...Ill post pics of the live deck if it happens,..Ive got the BIG pumps/ motors 2 run a big blade If I can find one,...any help would be appreciated,..Thanks Eric

A100: Thanx for the pic, much better!! Awesome operation by the way, and great website. Kudos!!

I retired from logging/ whole tree chipping about 5 yrs ago. We now buy in our cordwood, 16-24 ft lengths. The supply of wood was the big problem a couple of years ago, now it's the warm weather and fluctuating home heating fuel costs. Add to the mix, overnight wood " dealers" popping up trying to get aboard the train.

I built a processor years back. 3-53 Detroit, tandem 25 gal/min pump, 6"x3"x 26"
push cylinder with dump valve. High speed 28" .404 chain bar saw. 8 way splitter, drag chain feed trough. Timed out at 6 sec cycle.
I wanted to get it down to 4 sec and the more I weighed the costs and lost time the more the figures pointed to a good processor. I had seen most of the processors at the log shows, talked to the dealers, visited some of the plants and also had logging equipment , so I had a good idea what it took to make a machine that could outlast the wood...and me for that matter.
It was an easy decision. Multitek.

It's a 4 sec cycle, John Deere 4045 engine, 3/4 harvester bar and will humm right along at 3 cord/hour. We bought it 2.5 yrs used and have had no problems with it. Heated cab, joysticks and push buttons, radio,Great dealership, super responsive company to deal with, it just does not get any better.
We process between 700 to 1200 cord per year. Cut/split and delivered.
If the wood market gets better than it was this year we will buy a new Multitek. Have to see how it shakes out for the next couple of years.

Pics please

Thank you hobby loger,.. Sure would like to see sum pics of your processor that you built,..As far as processors go Iam with you on the multitek,.. top shelf,.. Kind of like a large john deere farm tractor, pretty hard to improve on anything, And like multitek, pricy to, I have been to the logging congress takin hundreds of pics, visited the multitek factory, spent hours on end studying demo tapes from at least 1/2 dosen manufactures, Not because I was going to buy one but, because Iam going to build one . I have all the equipment to build any thing that comes to mind,.and have alot of experince fabricating /machining, The only problem is most of the wood I get has been handled several times before it gets cut , It seems like the chain maintence wood be a big deal with dirty wood, There is a cord king 30 miles from here and they process alot of dirty wood ,.and wood never consider going back to the chain ,...I wood love to here more about chain maintence from some others who have,actually run a wood processor..I would like to see multitek come out with a circular saw machine with carbide inserts, If I was the ceo I wood be testing a prototype,..no doubt about it,. Really dosent matter to me as far as a potential custemer anyway, cuz I am not going to buy a new processor of any kind,.. Iam 50 and theres alot easier ways to make money then fire wood,. I have acess to enough wood to do it for fun and supply several stoves, And sell the rest, and I just love a wood stove, and the dry heat they put out, And will never go away from it because it does mirracles for my artheritis, Thanks for any feed back, good or bad.. Eric

Steel,

One of our spec's for loggers selling to us is the wood has to be clean. No dirt or mud. The reason being is our customers don't want dirty wood in their home. Can't blame them either. I did it to myself one year and that drove home the point of selling only clean wood. Your customers will notice the difference, too.

We usually get about 20 cord between sharpenings of the 3/4 saw chain. Usually rotate 3 chains to keep zero down time. But saw chain sharpening is not really an issue for production. Multitek figured out the variable transition times between the saw to the splitter very well. Both the saw and the splitter operate at their own pace with a variable speed holding area for the round to slip into the splitter cycle. No waiting for one or the other to clear. Very clever indeed. Plus, the whole machine is built like a rock.

Best of luck with your project. My shop built processor cost me about 12k in parts, hoses, valves etc. It was lots of fun to make and gave me something to do during mud season. It also made me enough dough to buy the Multitek !

I would love to send along some pictures, but I haven,t figured out how to do it yet. Any advice ? Us old guys are hard to train sometimes.

Thanks.

Kids and computers

computers and child proff pill caps are alota like,..they can be hard to figure out until you ask the kidds to help, go figure,.. pill caps,.I would love to get CLEAN FREE WOOD,...problem where I live not much loggin goin on but some free wood If you look for it ,... no gurantees and no promisses and NO clean wood,.. for the most part,.. I have had so called clean wood and still seamed like 2 much chain maintence for so called clean wood,..And I know there aint no such thing as a maintence free cutter,..replacable carbide tipped saw blades are not cheep but vary long lasting,. the cord king uses a die grinder,/ hand held air tool, to keep there edges sharp,..Iam impressed/ jellious, that your chains are lasting that long,.. Thanks Eric, Am I doing somthing wrong?...

Latest posts

Back