Any Guesses on This Little Remington?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PogoInTheWoods

Don't forget about the alligators...
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Lousy pics, but I'm leaning toward an SL9? Thanks for any input.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Even on the tiny screen on my phone I can see that it is a McCulloch. :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Post some good pictures of the Remy and we can figure it out.:msp_wink:

The muffler is of the style on the PL/SL-4, PL-5 and such.

The Sl-9's I have encountered all had a stack. The SL-10, 14 and 16 use the tall sheet metal muffler.

The Wards 3.1 is an SL-10. 50cc instead of 46. More of them around in Wards orange :pumpkin2: than in Remington red/white.

Thanks for the replies, fellas. Yep. It's a Mac!

Seriously tho, it's not in my possession yet or I would post better pics and I'd already know what it was!:msp_razz:

Spoke with the gentleman who has it while he was still at work yesterday and he wasn't sure what it was and says there's too much wear on the recoil cover to make out the actual number.

No cushion on the handle and the red rear handle are what's throwin' me, not to mention the muffler and what appears to be a black oil cap instead of a white one, tho they probably came with either/or and I suppose any old Briggs cap would fit if the original got lost or damaged. I'm just trying to narrow it down based primarily by the version of Remington badge on the cover at this point.

Supposed to pick it up on Saturday and will report back with what little Mac that is, too!

Both run. Yay!

Post some good pictures of the Remy and we can figure it out.:msp_wink:

The muffler is of the style on the PL/SL-4, PL-5 and such.

Good eye. Turned out to be a PL-4. Also picked up a PL-5 nearby on the same trip from another CL ad. Both complete and run. I'll try pics later. Hell, I couldn't get on here at all for the last day or so and had to use a workaraound I found in another thread just to log in. Figured I was banned.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back