Any have a ford 1910 with shift on the column

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bohawg1

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Well i need a pic of how the shifter looks on the column. This evening a piece or something came off the time which made it jump out of gear in the case, I couldnt get it in reverse at all cause it jumped out of slot down in the housing. While i was taking off the cover two of the springs went down in the case so i have to get me a magnet so i can dig those two out, I believe everything is ok but not sure what the shifter looked like before hand. Does anyone have a pic or pic out of a manual? Ps its a 1986 model, 4 gears between legs and i believer 4 gears up on the column plus reverse, Thanks if anyone can help. Desperate need to get it back togethor.

ok thanks for helping me but i dont see anything about a 1986 ford 1910 . not even sure how to look up a part on that website.. its got the shibaura motor... do you feel this is still the site i need to get to to find the shifter picture??

Yes, click on the red New Holland Parts online logo. When you get to the next screen type in 1910 and click search. Then click on 1910 3 cylinder tractor. Then click on transmission, then click on column shift.

Hey thanks alot , i sure appreciate people stepping up and helping others out. I did get everything back togethor under the shift place on the floor, It must have popped out of shifter slot,. NOt sure if i said it on this site or not but when i picked the plate up I lost two springs down in the transmission. Real quick to find the first one couple hrs im sure for the other one. DId a small prayer and boom next time i reached down in there the magnet found it. God had answered my prayers. Well i had to be really carefull on the shifter but i did find reverse and got it put back under my shed. IM so happy so it looks like get the shifter fixed and ill be back in business. Kinda scared thought something happened to transmission or something... Thanks again

Im glad you got it.I could have shot a pic tomorrow of mine for you.Our 1910 went thru a reverse synchronizer when it had only 500 hrs on it.It kept popping out of reverse,it got so bad even with you holding it in,it would pop right out and skip.NH dealer wanted 2K labor to split the tractor,my brother and I did it .Total bill about $100 for new fluid and shift forks/synchronizers

JOhn D

Hey i noticed mine does alittle when im running really fast, Like in 3 or 4th gearl mostly,. buddy tole me it might be cause of the new boot he put on it or the spring is getting bad that holds the little balls down in gear. I dont know dont seam to do it all when im working doing stuff that dont consist of going really fast. Yes i was happy to get it back togethor. I think what im missing is the plastic piece thats on the top of that column shifter. The last piece on top. Kinda bad cause im not sure where im going to be able to get one. I wrote into one company to see if they had one since it showed up in there stuff or stock... Everything looked ok down in the transmission so I guess ill go from here. Thanks for writing

Latest posts

Back