Any help installing a wood burning stove would be appreciated

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i dont care what yall say about that stove, but ive had an identical one sitting in my fireplace and been in use for 19 yrs now. never a chimney fire nor a single complaint. the three speed fan kicks out heat and theres just something cozy about a stove inside. the thing has been nice all winter long for as long as i can remeber, and with a big buck in the basement to heat the floors and basement area, how could you complain. oh, and a grandfather who used to drive a semi for buck stove. i think im perfectly happy with my buck stoves. sure beats the snot out of these fancy heat pumps, monitors and other " modern" crap, when no matter if the powers out or snow 3 ft deep, atleast you can still build a fire. nice design on that small buck and i hope it keeps you and your family warm for a good long while as our two have.

So that went really well for me for about two more years then, the unthinkable happened....

I had to fish out a bluebird from inside the firebox in the spring! Thing was a covered in soot. And then the next spring again! Little guy never learned!

So my neighbor had an epa stove with a much bigger firebox. I got to see how that worked. It would burn longer logs and burn longer. It was sweet.

I eventually sold that house and left that setup exactly like it was and the couple who bought the house HAD to have it because of the fireplace. They absolutely loved it.

Now I'm moving into another house...moved in actually. And here's the new project;

20211218_161637.jpg

I'm done refurbing for now:

20211228_161100.jpg

It's getting a damper put on the top and then put into the "Heatilator" firebox in my new house.

I never had a single problem with that other insert. The chimney pipe was straight up and all the creosote flaked up and fell right back into the firebox I guess! Never had a stitch of problem with it! It warmed many a teapot for me.

Back