any husqvarna 536Li XP owners out there, which bar and chain do you like best

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwwusa

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
This battery saw comes with a 14" husqvarna bar that is .043 gauge and 3/8 low pro 52DL. The stock chain is H38. I have seen suggestions to use Stihl 61PMM3 52 chain on the stock bar. Others suggest converting to .050 bar and chain. What has been your experience. Appreciate the advice. Specific bar and chain recommendations for both the stock set up or the .050 conversion would be helpful. Does converting to .050 take the zip out of the saw?

Mate i am not being smart, but alot of guys run the Stihl chain on it.
PM3 1/4".
Its what i run on my MSA200C Stihl.
It pretty dam good chain and gives good cut speed.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Mate i am not being smart, but alot of guys run the Stihl chain on it.
PM3 1/4".
Its what i run on my MSA200C Stihl.
It pretty dam good chain and gives good cut speed.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Thanks for reply. I looked up stihl 14" 71PM3 72. I assume it is .043 gauge so it will run on the stock husky bar on the 536Li XP. Given it has 72 DL vs 52 on the stock husky chain is there an issue with sprocket fitment? or will it work on stock sprocket?
Thanks, again. If it will work on the stock sprocket I may give a loop a try.

71pm3 is a 1/4 inch chain. This won't work with the saw drive sprocket nor with the bar sprocket that you currently have. 1/4 inch chain is kind of a niche product to carving and as such is significantly more expensive than 3/8 lo pro.

63ps is an excellent 0.050 gage chain but would require a new bar (your existing drive sprocket would not need to be changed).

How do you like that saw? I've been considering a battery saw but am leery for a couple reasons.

I got mine (top handle version) a few years ago and it came with a 45 drive link called 12 inch bar. The adjuster has enough movement so that I generally use a 44 drive link Stihl .043 chain the current variant I believe is 61pmm3. There is an eight tooth drive sprocket for 1/4 inch pitch chain. I like the nose characteristics of that chain and one can get larger radius noses including hard noses for that. It derails easier so more often have the 3/8 lp chain on it. A 72 drive link 1/4 inch pitch chain probably should be called 13 inch in my estimation. I only have used 1/4 inch pitch chain in 0.050. Chances are the .043 stuff (in 1/4) has some nice properties if the cut is not too large in diameter. My testing found the wider kerf chains cut faster with the bar buried, the tests could be done again in non frozen wood to see if results are different. The wider kerf chains must draw down the battery faster.

I would suggest the 61pmm3 in the proper length and keep the stock chain for a spare. I find the saw has horrible chip clearing properties from what would normally be called the clutch cover. I stopped using the outer disc thing on the drive sprocket and use a slightly larger circlip than the stock one to replace that thickness.

71pm3 is a 1/4 inch chain. This won't work with the saw drive sprocket nor with the bar sprocket that you currently have. 1/4 inch chain is kind of a niche product to carving and as such is significantly more expensive than 3/8 lo pro.

63ps is an excellent 0.050 gage chain but would require a new bar (your existing drive sprocket would not need to be changed).

How do you like that saw? I've been considering a battery saw but am leery for a couple reasons.

Thanks for chain, sprocket, bar info. First, I am not a professional, just a homeowner, I have done a good bit of cutting with the saw since I got it and I am amazed how capable it is. No pull rope, quiet, no gas mix alot to like. They aren't cheap, but they are a real workhorse. I don't regret buying the saw. I love it. Mine is the 536Li XP rear handle with 14" bar.

How is the battery life/runtime? And what’s the time required to charge a dead battery?

Latest posts

Back