any ideas

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DKB

Reaction score
We live in a trailer at present we have a indoor woodstove but it doesn't heat the entire house. we use to live in a large 2 story house and piped in the heat from a outdoor heater it wasn't real efficient we hooked it into the heating ducts. we thought about trying this again since we have a much smaller area to heat. Does anyone have any ideas how to make this work so all rooms are warm? :chainsaw: thanks

I have never done it that way but I would think that if you hook into your duct work then all the rooms should be warm. If you use a forced air stove outside you should insulate the duct going to and from the stove real well so you don't lose any heat. If you try to hook up to your duct with a stove inside your house then you would hook in where the original furnace sits on top of the duct work. Trailer houses usually use down draft furnaces and have no return duct system.

Do you have vents in the walls that suck air in? not the ones blowing heat out. If you have cold air returns then you need to run the furnace blower fan all the time. It will take the heat from the room with the stove and circulate it thru the house.

I agree with rick2752, try running your blower on the furnace. It should circulate the warm air all thru the trailer. Should be a little switch on the thermostat or inside the furnace. You could also try putting a box type fan in the hallway blowing warm air towards the back. Keep the bedroom doors open for better air flow.

Back