Any Interest In Revisiting Porting The 550XP?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
August8th2013151_zps1e3c2ec2.jpg

Nice tip. I can use that:clap:

I'm hoping that you can teach us how to make a 550 has as much power as a 346:clap: That's not to say that it's not already perhaps the best 50cc saw on the market for 99% of users.

I'm really not concerned with a second or two. If we can find a way to make these have enough torque for a heavy handed operator like me to be happy with, then they should be a great saw for anyone. They already have the rpm.......now to make em pull. :msp_thumbup:

That squish is nearly as big as the last 365 I measured. There's a whole lotta strato action goin on there, too. So, I wonder if a simple MM and gasket removal works ok, or is the timing too messed up then?

I dont know why but these 550s sort of interest me.

:popcorn:

You can leave the dark side :msp_tongue:

Im thinking this is great, a 50cc 2nd gen autotune.... But what I need is more like a "590 XP AT" for the hardwoods here in Aus. :hmm3grin2orange:

Was funny, last weekend - in the drizzle, I cut a load and most I did with the stock 576AT, but a big log had me get the mooberized 2095 Jred out..... Now that is loud. It sounded to them like I was just behind them on the hill, not about 1km and round behind the hill and a s-lOad of plantation blue gums away :msp_w00t:

what ? no movies ?

I doubt we'll have anything much........I ain't going in the woods till the ticks die. I might be able to round up a chunk of pine.......but the hardwood is too deep in the land of chiggers and ticks.

Having Lymes changed the way I see the world. :cheers:

"Jon is the muffler man. "

I like Jon don't abuse him Randy.

Jon is learning to braze really well. He does a nice job on everything he puts a hand to.

PLEASE STOP NOW!! This is worse than a crafting infomercial for my wife. I love my old 51 Husky you rebuilt and massaged but this saw is on a whole different level. I love having a saw that I can jump off the logging roads with when getting logs ready to pull with the tractor. A light weight saw is awesome. I am getting weak reading about this saw Randy.

Shea

PLEASE STOP NOW!! This is worse than a crafting infomercial for my wife. I love my old 51 Husky you rebuilt and massaged but this saw is on a whole different level. I love having a saw that I can jump off the logging roads with when getting logs ready to pull with the tractor. A light weight saw is awesome. I am getting weak reading about this saw Randy.

Shea

Operators are standing by. :msp_thumbup:

I doubt we'll have anything much........I ain't going in the woods till the ticks die. I might be able to round up a chunk of pine.......but the hardwood is too deep in the land of chiggers and ticks.

Having Lymes changed the way I see the world. :cheers:

Jon is learning to braze really well. He does a nice job on everything he puts a hand to.

Ticks don't come from trees. Google ticks falling out of trees.

Back