Any loggers working blowdown in SEMO?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darby

Reaction score
We came through SE Missouri this past week, saw the vast blow-down from wind storm last May; apparently salvage operations going on. Would like to hear from loggers of experiences working up that mess.

ive worked a few days over there.. been doing it ever since the storm over here in southern IL. cut alot of nice timber that prolly would have never been cut if it hadn't been completely hammered

Working on it a little at a time. Private land owners only. State wont budge on it yet, unless its part of a sale. Pretty good timber. Better get it before it rots.:cheers:

Is much of the downed timber damaged as busted or twisted? Someone mentioned the extra-hazards of forced, spring loaded limbs, and stump jump- back. Hard to imagine logging in some of that.

To me, the state should, in some way, reimburse for the extra log trails and roads, looks like a enviornmental nightmare of mother nature's making.

I cut down there all spring summer and fall. It was a big i am glad im done with it. The logs werent really broke up but some were .

Last edited:
Is much of the downed timber damaged as busted or twisted? Someone mentioned the extra-hazards of forced, spring loaded limbs, and stump jump- back. Hard to imagine logging in some of that.

To me, the state should, in some way, reimburse for the extra log trails and roads, looks like a enviornmental nightmare of mother nature's making.

If your lucky enough to buy the sale, not only will they not reimburse for roads, they actually charge for them. Its part of the game.:cheers:

Latest posts

Back