Any members at here knows this bird name???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dove, not sure which version. They be here too.
They taste good but not much meat.
They come around my house every early morning and afternoon.
Singing sound is so sad buy love to hear😘😘

The dove is a symbol of peace in the world so killing doves makes me feel bad.😩😩

But there are a lot of quails in my property that taste so good.👍👍

Thanks

Jkk

The dove is a symbol of peace in the world so killing doves makes me feel bad.😩😩
They are like cockroaches, kill one and two come back; that being said we still need to be wise with our resources, if everyone killed them they may go the way of the dodo bird (same family as the dove/pigeon actually). As well, if your conscious will not allow you to kill them, that's just fine and I'd never insist you did :).
Do you know why it was/is a symbol of peace.
Jesus is my symbol of peace, and my sacrifice so ringing the neck of a dove is no longer needed ;).

I am trying to know name of this bird.
She is singing a song so sadly but love to hear specially in early spring time.
Will be much appreciated.
Thanks
Jkk
View attachment 975136
That is a mourning dove. Not the biblical dove. That is his mating call. It's nesting time and he is looking for a female. :cool: OT

Kind of an odd sounding one - but they do seem to have some individuality in their voices.

I've raised a few - they're crop feeders (i.e., the babies shove their heads into the parent's mouths and feed from the crop, rather than the parents stuffing the food into the open mouth of the baby). Messiest birds I've ever raised.

Kind of an odd sounding one - but they do seem to have some individuality in their voices.

I've raised a few - they're crop feeders (i.e., the babies shove their heads into the parent's mouths and feed from the crop, rather than the parents stuffing the food into the open mouth of the baby). Messiest birds I've ever raised.
The young do put their heads into the male or females mouth to feed but it is not on crop seed. Both male and female have crop glands that produce milk that the squab feed on. :cool: OT

The young do put their heads into the male or females mouth to feed but it is not on crop seed. Both male and female have crop glands that produce milk that the squab feed on. :cool: OT
I was going to add the crop milk thing, but I tend to ramble on, and I was going for brevity. The messiness persists, regardless. ;)

When I was a child on the farm, we went to a dove shoot & a lot of hunters did not want to clean the birds, so I end up with way over the limit of birds.
Dad told me to clean the whole bird, that just taking the breast was wasteful, so I learned to clean the whole bird.
The same with fish, rabbits, quail & deer.

I am trying to know name of this bird.
She is singing a song so sadly but love to hear specially in early spring time.
Will be much appreciated.
Thanks
Jkk
View attachment 975136

Eurasian collared dove. If your profile is correct it's invasive in California.

Dove, not sure which version. They be here too.

Eurasian collared dove.

Looks like a mourning dove and kinda sounds like 1 but not certain it is

Close, but mourning dove's have a small little band on the neck. Eurasian collared dove's have a thicker one like this bird does.

Mourning Dove

1652383993078.png

Eurasian Collared Dove

1652384019490.png

Mourning Dove. Funny, the calls I've heard in the FL Keys sounds backwards to the ones I hear in WV.

See above.

Maybe it don't have a name. You can call it whatever you like. :D
It is a Mourning Dove

See above.

That is a mourning dove. Not the biblical dove. That is his mating call. It's nesting time and he is looking for a female. :cool: OT

See above.

Latest posts

Back