Any mills for hire in western NY?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

82cabby

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi All!

I apologize for cross posting this, I originally posted it in the employment forum, but haven't gotten any interest. I am looking to hire someone with a bandsaw mill to convert some logs into lumber. The logs are located in Eden NY., which is south of Buffalo. The logs are cherry, walnut and red oak. A 'per board foot' rate is fine, or if you want to take some of the lumber as partial or total payment we can discuss that too. In the picture below the walnut is in the pile that is furthest away, the cherry is in the middle, one of the oak logs is in the near pile (The dead looking logs in the near pile are firewood). There are two more oak logs near by. I would like to get this processed before the snow flies so if you are available please reply here so we can work something out.

Thanks!
Dave

IMG_0010.jpg

There is a sawmill in Springville on 219, not sure of the name. You should call Southern tier forestry products, the "bundle of warmth" sellers that are in every store, think they are bundle of warmth.com or something like that, the guy knows everyone who is anyone in the wood business around WNY

I thought of the mill in Springville, but I have no way to transport the logs. I have access to a trailer that could do one or two at a time, but that would be more trouble than it is worth. I will look into Southern Tier Forestry Products. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back