Any MS 361's left?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpj6780

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has seen a 361 out there lately?

I think I might be ready to buy. Local store hasn't seen one in a while.

Might be stepping down to the 346xp or the 5105.

Need to get something in the shed before the end of hurricane season.

BTW -- who else out there is really happy about all the fuel stations selling ethanol-free premium gas?

Just wondering if anyone has seen a 361 out there lately?

I think I might be ready to buy. Local store hasn't seen one in a while.

Might be stepping down to the 346xp or the 5105.

Need to get something in the shed before the end of hurricane season.

BTW -- who else out there is really happy about all the fuel stations selling ethanol-free premium gas?

Haven't had any MS361's available to us since October of of last year, I doubt you'd find one. But there are some dealers dumb enough to pay interest on old stock for a year.

Funny you bring that up...Id never heard it before today and I was doubting it being true. I went by a new station today and asked them if there gas had ethanol- guy said "yes, up to 10%...sorry". I said thanks and was walking out when he said "except for the supreme..no ethanol in it".

I repeated it to be sure I heard him right "no ethanol in your premium"? And he told me that NO premium gas had ethanol in it. Still not sure if I buy that but I bought me 5 gallons anyway just to try out since the other station in town only sells reg with ethanol

Kind of funny I read this tread after just posting a new thread regarding if the govt has finally outlawed ethanol free gas. If this is true about high test being ethanol free, then we have an option. I have asked this question before and never was able to get a definitive answer.

So is high test ethanol free? And if so does anyone have any documentation to support such a claim?

I don't know if it's all that way -- but I've seen a number of gas stations, particularly locally-owned gas stations advertising that they have "ethanol-free" or "100% Gasoline" premium fuel.

Most commonly seen at Exxon stations -- particularly close to boat ramps and marinas. Ethanol has done a number on quite a few outboards around here. Folks don't flush their engine or treat their fuel for a month or two and they have to get the carbs cleaned at about $100/carb. Many of these outboards have 1 carb/ cylinder -- so it gets pretty pricey.

JJ

I was in a local Stihl dealer buying chain a few weeks ago and he had a new shiney 361 on his shelf.
MD

I seen a new one a couple weeks ago. I haven't been back there to see. They had 2 new ms 440s on the shelf a month and a half ago.

The 440s are long gone now. I don't know about the 361. I've owned 2 new 440s this year that have never been fueled up. :) I can call and check on the 361 tomorrow if someone wants me too. I won't be home until late friday night so I can't personally go see if they have any left.

Yeah that's pretty good timing. This 12 hour stuff is kinda tiring.

Wow, I can't see how shops stay in business holding onto stock for so long.
440's on the shelf new means that saw has been collecting dust since 2007, and that they haven't sold a 70cc saw in 3 years.

If I don't sell a piece of equipment in 90 days, the next person that shows interest I make them a smokin' deal they can't refuse. Because I need to liquidate that money into something that will turn over in a couple weeks.

Just bought me a MS441:greenchainsaw: and they had a MS361 sitting right beside it.

Our Premium just got 10% ethanol added to it. Made a lot of people mad! But, we can still get unleaded regular.

Wow, I can't see how shops stay in business holding onto stock for so long.
440's on the shelf new means that saw has been collecting dust since 2007, and that they haven't sold a 70cc saw in 3 years.

If I don't sell a piece of equipment in 90 days, the next person that shows interest I make them a smokin' deal they can't refuse. Because I need to liquidate that money into something that will turn over in a couple weeks.

Yeah I never thought I would see another one myself. This is a big coop and they probably didn't even know they were there really. They were in the big store and they moved all the small engine stuff into another building. I should have bought both on the spot when I seen them, but I waited and only got one for a member on here. 440s never really caught on in my area. It was mostly 460s or they went straight to a 660.

There are 2 here locally. They are out there just got to shop around.

Check out our classifieds too, there is a clean 361 and 440 fer sale. I know that 361 is in good shape. The 440 looks good too, might need a new home here.:D

Our local saw shop had a 361 until a few weeks ago and another one has not shown up in it's place, a 362 has. As a relatively "green" newb to the chainsaw forum, is the 362 the replacement for the 361? I have used a 361 extensively for cutting firewood and love it...why would they replace it? I also had no idea that they (the 361 & 440) were out of production. If I understand this correctly, the 440 on the shelf at the dealer is at the newest a 2007? Has the 441 also been replaced? I guess I have fallen a little out of touch with the latest and greatest chainsaws out today. I never thought having a baby (or anything, for that matter) would force my CAD into submission, but it has, at least a little!

Since it looks like the 361's are going to be difficult to come by in the future, and since I enjoy cutting with one, should I be on the look-out to snag one or has Stihl replaced it with a "better mousetrap?"

Ms 361

They are not gone in SW Washington yet.
I bought one 3 weeks ago for $589.95 before tax with 25" ES Bar and chain.
Some local Stihl dealers had one or two left, and Madsens had at least 4 left.

One of my local dealer shows 4 in stock in one of their branches .

:cheers:

There's at least one new MS361 on a shelf in Southern Iowa

Saw a brand new 361 at a dealer last week when I was in getting parts to rebuild my dad's 020AV.

Latest posts

Back