Any one have experience with New Holland skid steers? LX885 in particular?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I was the poster that was talking about ground clearance. The other poster was very correct when he said that once you start digging in and the undercarriage is down in the mud, you are done. One time I had to have my neighbor pull me out with his skid steer for that very reason. It is really very easy to get stuck and sometimes in places that you had no idea that it would be possible !!!!! Also, if your ground is very rocky, sometimes the skid steer can wedge itself between 2 rocks and pop the bead on a tire.....had that happen once !!!!!

Henry and Wanda

I wouldn't worry even a little bit about ground clearance in the woods. Anyone with some time on a bobcat type machine rarely gets stuck. Use your bucket to push yourself back out or raise the bucket as high as it will go and rapidly move it up and down to get machine rocking and out you come.
Besides, you have a bucket. Move whatever is causing you issues. Not hard to do. You shouldn't be driving over stumps of any kind in the first place. Tires are not made for that.

Ted

Latest posts

Back