Any suggestions on climbing kit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greenbay

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I run a newer company and have been using a tow able lift. I have a guy that is an experienced climber that is going to climb for me a few days a week. I was thinking of getting one of the kits from Wesspur. Does anyone have any opinions on these kits, or any other sites to check? I'm looking at gaff/spur kits.

:popcorn: http://www.wesspur.com/climbing-kits/climbing-kits-main.html

Last edited:
I'd prolly ask your climber what he prefers. No sence is spending money on something that your one and only climber doesn't really like. But that's just me.

Let's try this a different way. Are there any brand people recommend or don't recommend? Any other good places to get climbing gear besides Wesspur?

Baileys has apretty good selection of kit. I'm sure each manufacturer is going to have good and bad points . By all means ask the climber he is going to be your best person to get advise from.

From there in Wisconsin you could call Aerial Equipment just South of the state line into IL.Right off the Tollway( 888-822-8008) toll free They will have anything you may need. H*!! take the climber on a Rain day go and see. Come to TCIA Expo in Milwaukee 11/13,14,15/08 every one will bring all of the TOOLS you could ever need

Last edited:
Drive 15min to the south and visit the Vermeer store in Little Chute. They have a fair amount of gear in stock from Sherrill. If you want anything they dont have, they will get it for you the next day. Best part about it is that you dont have to pay shipping. I buy quite a bit there even though the prices are higher than Wesspur, Bailies, etc, but they are convient, dont charge shipping and they take care of you. Ask for Lynn, she is the person that knows most about the Sherrill items there.

Vermeer is a good place to start, but waiting for the TCIA Expo is even better, there will be a huge selection to choose from, and people like me to help you out with selection. I'm more then happy to talk the trade with people.

Back