Any thoughts on the Hoffman 9000 leather calks?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
paccity

paccity

Addicted to ArboristSite
theres a guy down the road that has vibergs's for under 4 bills. you can get them in cow or buffalo leather. might pic up a pare next month.

802climber

802climber

ArboristSite Operative
The Hoffman's are stretching out rather than breaking in.

Should have listened to you guys!

I will be looking at Viberg and possibly Wesco for my next pair of calks and also my next pair of lineman boots for climbing.

What I am wondering is if I am used to White's will I be happy with the fit/feel of Viberg or Wesco?

I like a high arch boot that really hugs my arch. Customs are an expensive habit, but I gotta say they are well worth it.

Last edited:
hammerlogging

hammerlogging

Addicted to ArboristSite
my thought to this is that nothing will feel like white's, but given just a little while (like 2 weeks), which will seem impossible at the beginning, you will get over it and the white's feel/fit will be but a glimmer of a memory.

wowzers

wowzers

ArboristSite Operative
. AS Supporting Member.
The Hoffman's are stretching out rather than breaking in.

Should have listened to you guys!

I will be looking at Viberg and possibly Wesco for my next pair of calks and also my next pair of lineman boots for climbing.

What I am wondering is if I am used to White's will I be happy with the fit/feel of Viberg or Wesco?

I like a high arch boot that really hugs my arch. Customs are an expensive habit, but I gotta say they are well worth it.

Guys I work with are only getting six sor even months out of Wesco's. For the money that seems way too expensive. I would have loved to try out some Vibregs but there wasn't a dealer any where close to me , and I refuse to buy bots without trying them on, tso I went with apair of White's. This time I drove up to Spokane and got fitted in the shop and it seemed to make quite the difference. I bought mine a month or so after my coworker bough his Wesco's and mine are holding up great. I am pretty particular abut maintaining my boots though, always washing mud off at the end of the day and keeping them greased up. I'll say again my Hoffman's about ruined me.

Latest posts