Any way to tell the year of 015L?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alabamatriker

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have an old 015L that we just got going. Any way to tell what year it is? Orange with white clutch cover that stops at muffler.

Them ain't old.

This is old![emoji33]
ae3d9f0e9279b214a1c03c3432b7964c.jpg

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.[emoji23]

If it's any consolation, I've got 40-45 of the "Old Girls", I've converted quite a few of them to 3/8" lo pro, electronic ignition and I love running them. They are just unstoppable little work horses! If you ever find that you need parts, give me a holler. They run really good with a 14" B&C, as well. I've looked everywhere for info about telling their age, but to no avail, I read somewhere that they started around '72-'79, so they're still younger than me. LOL! I even went on a crusade to find cases for them, that was a great journey across the US, hitting garage/yard sales, and actually found quite a few. The only negative is that they don't have a chain brake, but I use them out in the open so that doesn't matter to me, at all!

Unfortunately the carb on the Stihl 015L looks too much like the carb on a McCulloch Minimac 110. Those were made circa 1977. Walbro must have sold thousands of them to MFGs. Mine runs so-so, but it does run, and I did what Dave6390 did -- make it run on either 3/8" Picco lo-pro or the original tiny chain that's getting tough to find. I can switch back and forth. You still have to admire these dang things.

Latest posts

Back