Husqvarna 359 clutch issues

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lobsterlogger

ArboristSite Lurker
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
2 clutches in about 1 hour of cutting. Any guesses what would cause this? 1 of the 3 springs rattles out and the clutch engages at any rpm a bit d the chain spins. It happened to the old and original to me clutch yesterday. Last night I changed it out to a new china clutch. Used the saw for less than a half hour this morning and same thing occured. 1 spring dropped and away the chain goes even at a idle. Do you suppose it's a bent crank or would they have nothing to do with each other. I have had the saw for years andbthisvis a new problem for sure. Thanks

The springs tend to get stretched out and loose their tension. On the Chinese clutch, quality control isn't there.
Need to go oem on the springs. Order 2 or three sets. Change out all the springs on the original clutch. Return the Chinese crap if possible.

Post a pic of your clutch with the one spring out to see how worn out it is.

With a weak or missing spring it allows the clutch to be engaged at idle or slower rpms.

Latest posts

Back