anybody deer hunt

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
southern indiana have some nice turkey my biggest was 12 inch beard with 27mm spers dont remembe what it wieghed does and small bucks thick i got my deer stand right on the property line the nieghbor lady is a animal rights activist and all the big bucks hang out in a cedar thicket behind her house ive seen some alsome rubs up there before all i need is one to step across the fence

Rights activist they had some sabotaging stands and even
hunting and murdering hunters I read about it, peta is a cult
sorry to hear you have the mislead as a neighbor.
Funny thing is most hunters try every means to make a clean
kill and eat their quarry. The whitetail deer will breed into starvation
which is more humane a hunter feeding his family or starving them
to death and causing disease. I have run into these uninformed nuts
and had one that had hundreds of stray dogs, and one was thinking
of tearing a piece out of my leg I told her if the dog bit me I would
kill it! She said that I would be making a mistake and that she would
defend this mutt! I am sorry but no dog is so valuable that if it bites
unprovoked it should not be humanely killed be it 22 to the head, or
injection. I don't believe in abusing any animal but their rights are
not greater than human and if the people that have dogs take care
of them and don't let them run livestock or bite they wont have to
witness the correct action.

I agree with you makes me sick when you see these kids on tv ben mauled by a dog and the owners are on there defending the dog any dog we ever had that bit we also disposed of

(quote)Rights activist they had some sabotaging stands and even
hunting and murdering hunters(quote)

I think that part of being a good hunter is being able to think like the prey......I think any peta activist who is dumb enough to attempted to track down an armed and skilled hunter deserves a Darwin Award..... I am just thinking all of the ways that a person (s) could vanish without a trace in the areas I hunt.

(quote)Rights activist they had some sabotaging stands and even
hunting and murdering hunters(quote)

I think that part of being a good hunter is being able to think like the prey......I think any peta activist who is dumb enough to attempted to track down an armed and skilled hunter deserves a Darwin Award..... I am just thinking all of the ways that a person (s) could vanish without a trace in the areas I hunt.
Most hunters are enjoying the hunt and are unsuspecting
being hunted by another human! I agree if the hunter knew he was being
pursued the murderer may have a surprise in store for him, her. I don't
want to think of taking another human life and hope the event does not
occur but they better not miss.

Just curious... Where has this been documented?

I would almost enjoy catching one of those idiots in the act. They wouldn't be coming out of the woods upright if at all.

most hunters try every means to make a clean
kill and eat their quarry. The whitetail deer will breed into starvation
which is more humane a hunter feeding his family or starving them
to death and causing disease.

It would be nice if I believed this. Problem is, I live at what most people would call The Camp like 24/7, and I don't believe it. It should only take one trip into Wall-mart or K-Mart (sporting goods dept) to get a clue just what "hunting" is really about.
One thing for sure, the last place in the world I want to be on opening day is in the woods with about 5000 idiots. All with high powered rifles. No sir, I'm going to town (where most of them left from) with the deer.

Rodney

My wife's grandfather got shot while deer hunting.....he survived and the guy that shot him (who he did not know) Helped carry him out of the woods.....Her father, who was with her grandfather at the time, said the guy who shot him started to run, but they gave him two choices and he made the right one.

There are alot of trigger happy yahoos out in the woods during deer season.....but the relatively few accidents goes to show that those yahoos know what they are doing. If you think about it you have a person with a gun, bow, cross, bow, whatever and that person is most often either up a tree or moving really slowly through the woods. Of the 6 million plus hunters nationwide there are only a handful of related deaths every year......and if you count all of the seasons that is about 8 months of the year...... I think the safest place to be during hunting season is in the woods....

There was a shooting a few years ago in Vermont.... a bullet came through the wall of a house and killed a guy sitting in his chair watching TV.... The cops thought it was a drive by at first until they calculated the flight path and determined that the bullet had come from over two miles away....a hunter on a nearby mountian had shot a deer and the bullet traveled down off the hill and through this guys house....See he should have been out hunting.

It would be nice if I believed this. Problem is, I live at what most people would call The Camp like 24/7, and I don't believe it. It should only take one trip into Wall-mart or K-Mart (sporting goods dept) to get a clue just what "hunting" is really about.
One thing for sure, the last place in the world I want to be on opening day is in the woods with about 5000 idiots. All with high powered rifles. No sir, I'm going to town (where most of them left from) with the deer.

Rodney
Ok so you don't believe clean kill
hunting ethics or the fact they will over breed and
watch out if you are hunting a taken deer the hunter
you are calling an idiot may just be baiting you!

My wife's grandfather got shot while deer hunting.....he survived and the guy that shot him (who he did not know) Helped carry him out of the woods.....Her father, who was with her grandfather at the time, said the guy who shot him started to run, but they gave him two choices and he made the right one.

There are alot of trigger happy yahoos out in the woods during deer season.....but the relatively few accidents goes to show that those yahoos know what they are doing. If you think about it you have a person with a gun, bow, cross, bow, whatever and that person is most often either up a tree or moving really slowly through the woods. Of the 6 million plus hunters nationwide there are only a handful of related deaths every year......and if you count all of the seasons that is about 8 months of the year...... I think the safest place to be during hunting season is in the woods....

There was a shooting a few years ago in Vermont.... a bullet came through the wall of a house and killed a guy sitting in his chair watching TV.... The cops thought it was a drive by at first until they calculated the flight path and determined that the bullet had come from over two miles away....a hunter on a nearby mountian had shot a deer and the bullet traveled down off the hill and through this guys house....See he should have been out hunting.
Now this is the exception more than the rule
yes there are some that are drunks and I would not hunt anywhere
near them and would never give them sportsman designation.

Ok so you don't believe clean kill
hunting ethics or the fact they will over breed and
watch out if you are hunting a taken deer the hunter
you are calling an idiot may just be baiting you!

Since I happen to own riverbottom timber land, what know is, a lot of these people you call sportsmen ain't got some damned ethics. Most of them come out of town once a year on opening day of deer season and would be very lucky if they even saw a deer. Much less shoot one. What they will do is hang thier markers on my fence. dump thier s#*t, cut my trees and you name it.
I'm not sure what you mean about hunting a taken deer but I can tell you we didn't have many deer in this area when I was growing up. They were planted here later just so the state could make money off it. We not talkin' food here, we talkin' blood sport.

Rodney

Since I happen to own riverbottom timber land, what know is, a lot of these people you call sportsmen ain't got some damned ethics. Most of them come out of town once a year on opening day of deer season and would be very lucky if they even saw a deer. Much less shoot one. What they will do is hang thier markers on my fence. dump thier s#*t, cut my trees and you name it.
I'm not sure what you mean about hunting a taken deer but I can tell you we didn't have many deer in this area when I was growing up. They were planted here later just so the state could make money off it. We not talkin' food here, we talkin' blood sport.

Rodney

Taken deer was your statement of going to town
to where they left the deer I thought you were refering
to tom catin while a man was hunting.
Sorry that you have experienced the other kind of hunter
and yes deer have been repopulated were they were hunted
to near extinction before rules were imposed, but they were there
before being reintroduced and money from licences provide the
funds for many efforts to create habitat, and efforts to get eco system
back to where it belongs. I hunt both for sport challenge, and meat
sporting only hunters now can give meat to hunters for humanity
which feeds less fortunate people. Hunters have made great strides
in ethics but drunks are more than likely what you are dealing with!

Last edited:
Hunters have made great strides
in ethics but drunks are more than likely what you are dealing with!

Son, I've spent over 20 years now in AA so I know what a drunk is. Most of these folks (the hunters) are just your everyday jerks(???????s). I'd much rather deal with the drunks. Trust me, I've got a lot more I could say on this subject.

Rodney

Son, I've spent over 20 years now in AA so I know what a drunk is. Most of these folks (the hunters) are just your everyday jerks(???????s). I'd much rather deal with the drunks. Trust me, I've got a lot more I could say on this subject.

Rodney
First off partner I aint your son, now
that we have that straight I don't mean to irritate or
cause you grief and it may be geographical but yes we
have trespassers here some to. I am sorry you cannot
understand there are some that have been taught to
respect a mans property. I can imagine the problem is
worse were you live because of limited public ground!
Anyway congrats on 20 years of learning to live life on its
terms,and hopes for another day!

I saw that exact same stand on sale at Cabelas last week.

What we have here fellers is what you call a "hijacked thread"

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back