Anybody else loving this screwy weather?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And you have wonderfully easy snow to ski in, unlike here.

Yes, I have lived in cold places. I think I am conditioned fo living in cold places. You have to go out in it, and you might as well play in it, when you live in those places. Of course you expect it and have the right clothing and house, etc.

Keep your water trickling....

well enjoy, i'm going steely fishing while the rivers are are good. have some fun. p.s. nice to see ya back .

I know I am tired of it, we usually don't get real cold, but this week was awful. Monday it was 60F, Tuesday thru today upper single to mid teens, with snow on top of ice.
It's snowing again today. At least it is warmer, 19F this morning. Burnt a lot of wood, and been running the house on the generator, since the power went out Wed. I can't imagine -27 degrees. Geez...

I guess I'm snowed out for a couple of days. Monday before noon it was almost 60 degrees at the jobsite. Today the wind chill was -33 F, right now the temp is -19 and dropping. About a foot of snow now where there was none on Monday, supposed to get another 2 to 6 inches in the morning. High temp for tomorrow is predicted at -1 F.
I'm having to screw up my nerve to go outside to get firewood.

Andy

that -25f was way outta hand for southern n.m.!i decided it would be a good idea to go outside and just see what -20 plus was like?took about five paces around the back yard,,,that was plenty enough for me,i scrambled right back inside and threw a couple more chunks of juniper in the woodstove.unfortunately i have a much better understanding of what real cold is now.im glad you survived with no damage andy,i also had no damage,went through some firewood though...

that -25f was way outta hand for southern n.m.!i decided it would be a good idea to go outside and just see what -20 plus was like?took about five paces around the back yard,,,that was plenty enough for me,i scrambled right back inside and threw a couple more chunks of juniper in the woodstove.unfortunately i have a much better understanding of what real cold is now.im glad you survived with no damage andy,i also had no damage,went through some firewood though...

Hey Kris,
Long time, no see. Glad you survived unscaved. All I did last week was haul wood in the house, and ashes out.

Andy

The SF Bay area has had three weeks of record high temps. It was 72F today in the moutains and over 80F in the warmer spots. I have a southern exposure and have only had a fire one night in the last three weeks. A couple of the Sierra ski resorts picked up over 25' of snow in Nov/Dec. We had a record wet Nov/Dec and almost dry and very warm Jan.

Hey Kris,
Long time, no see. Glad you survived unscaved. All I did last week was haul wood in the house, and ashes out.
Andy[/QUOTE...same here .,...

sorry the sloppy reply andy,i blame it on the superbowl haha...pretty sure i was past my limit...that had nothing to do with it though haha!!!...pretty pathetic for what them "atheletes" get paid...that being said.hello to all the folks i may or may not have offended...i have internet......for now:msp_blink:

Today 30s with on and off fluffy snow. Tomorrow and the next few days clear and a high of 4. It will definetely be negative something when I get up in the morning. Probably windy too.

I forgot to look at a thermometer today, but it's warming up...............some.
Went to the job and the land owners tractor was dead in the middle of the road, couldn't get around it. I hiked in, got the skidder running and plowed some road.
When I came out I helped the land owner try to get his tractor started, no fuel. Pulled the line from the filter to the injector pump............jello. So I guess it's still pretty cool.

Andy

Its been nicer here in San Diego this winter than it was in the summer. Makes firewood sales slump big time but Ill take 70's and low 80's all winter anytime. Im sure we will get major rain and flooding again in the spring.

Last edited:
Was -24 AGAIN this morning. Mirrored yesterday morning. Waited for it to warm up to -10 and headed to the woods. Spencer tape failed(was a sign, I ignored it). Hung a couple up(another sign, ignored). Thought maybe I would forward. You know that wouldn't start. Hard fought tanks these last few days. Coming week is supposed to be above freezing. Hopefully knock the snow down a little.

Back