Anybody else think this is nuts....?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wife'nHubby

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have a "wood map". Tells me what kind of wood is in the stack, when to burn it, etc. Hubby thinks I'm nuts. Neighbors, none of whom burn wood, look at my stacks and think I have a premonition the economy is going to go totally down the tube and our house will be the only warm one on the block. None of the neighbors complain about the stacks though.

Shari

wood_diagram.jpg

Last edited:
He He, I don't have a map or list, (you might have a problem) :) but I do note what I have stacked were, Oak, Elm, Green and Seasoned, and try to mix a little based on the weather. My FIL and BIL have been burning for 20 + years, they just throw in whatever is closest.

ps. They think I am nuts, wait till I tell them about the wood map?

Okay, okay! In order to defray comments on my sanity should I say I made the map for hubby so he could see there was really some rhyme/reason to where I was stacking wood? Does that sound better? :biggrinbounce2:

Shari

If it works, then it's a good thing! You're doing better than me if you know what kind of wood is in the pile!

If I agree, does that make me nuts too? :)

I'm guessing you're quite orgainzed? Do you organize all your canned goods according to size w labels facing the same way? If so, then you might have some issues - but GOOD issues!:cheers:

If I agree, does that make me nuts too? :)

I'm guessing you're quite orgainzed? Do you organize all your canned goods according to size w labels facing the same way? If so, then you might have some issues - but GOOD issues!:cheers:

Now THAT statement is funny! My outside organization has absolutely nothing to do with inside-the-house-organization. Well, inside used to be organized but lost that somewhere along the line.

Shari

#8, #9 & #10 will go back by #6 when they are cut/split. Area 6 has to have gravel spread/leveled first. The grandkids love it - granny's making a 'maze' for them... :) Area 6 should be around 20' x 20' when graveled out.

Shari

I have a theory- If you are sorting and stacking fire wood. You can do it how ever you want to.
But if you want me to do it your way, well you might have a little problem.

isn't it funny how we will spend so much time and energy into making our wood "perfect" - yet, inside our house --- well, not so much. :)

So you got pics of this obsession of yours?

I dont see anything about the boat on your explanation. When do you burn that? Haha just kidding. I never have enough wood around here to have top make a list. It all gets burned this year and I start over next year.:yourock:

I Tried to do Something Like That

I,ve tried many times to keep my wood separated..... But for some reason I still loose track of where I buried what. Oh well...:cheers::greenchainsaw:

Hey I like the wood map idea but as many logs as we pull in here I'd go crazier than I already am try to sort it out. If it works for you then go for it and tell him to just like it. He will you know, cause he knows better than to argue I bet.

I often recognize the tree and remember where it was growing on the clients property when I'm splitting firewood!

Once you get to burning that wood in your new Jotul Oslo it will take on a whole new light.

A woodshed is in order!:cheers:

Ha! I'd love a woodshed but can't do it because of building codes. We are allowed one 'outbuilding' 8'x10' and that is no way big enough for a what I would need. I would like to get 2 yrs. ahead on the wood and that takes space to stack. So far the 'code police' haven't turned me in. I guess that's why I feel the need to keep the stacks neat.

Shari

Shari,

I LIKE the map idea and the purpose of it.

I should make one of my tools locations in the barn, Garage, and basement and explain things to my wife for the same reasons.

There's nothing worse than needing a tool and having to spend an hour looking for it, because "Somebody" used it, and put it where it blended in with other "unimportant things" instead of where it belongs.

Lock your hubby into the system early and things will go much smoother...:D
I like it!:clap::clap::clap:

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Shari,

I started doing something similar to your map...but not near as detailed. Just part of my nature. I make lists and notes for a lot of things...probably to many things. :)

Kevin

Latest posts

Back